cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having the issue with oculus home requiring a restart every single time you load it up?

Soulless512
Expert Protege
Every single time now whenever I load up Oculus Home, I am getting error with devices and keeps telling me that i need to restart the oculus software. I have done a repair and it still does it. How would I fix this?
9 REPLIES 9

Randall116
Explorer
Honestly, My software seems to work on a slot machine. I'm currently experiencing this error and no amount of troubleshooting wants to fix it today. 
I do have some luck restarting the OCULUS RUNTIME SERVICE under Windows Services menu [reference image below]. Usually that works for me (just not today). 
Just make sure you have your headset completely removed from your PC before restarting, and then reconnecting it. 
Also make sure to plug the USB 3 in first and then wait about 10 seconds or so before inserting the DisplayPort
qdwc99qalbrq.png

OculusPatrickJa
Explorer
Same problem. Can't find a fix.

JayToe
Honored Guest

Honestly, My software seems to work on a slot machine. I'm currently experiencing this error and no amount of troubleshooting wants to fix it today. 
I do have some luck restarting the OCULUS RUNTIME SERVICE under Windows Services menu [reference image below]. Usually that works for me (just not today). 
Just make sure you have your headset completely removed from your PC before restarting, and then reconnecting it. 
Also make sure to plug the USB 3 in first and then wait about 10 seconds or so before inserting the DisplayPort
qdwc99qalbrq.png

Thank you so much! That fixed it for me!

Ex_CalliberVR
Honored Guest
Yeah, my Oculus home says it needs a restart whenever I open it and it also says my display port isn't plugged in. Anyone know how to fix it?

jiabao9166
Explorer
same problem ,almost make me crazy

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a similar problem (maybe same problem).
Everytime after I restart my computer I have to do the following steps to make my Rift S work.
1) unplug DP and USB.
2) plug USB
3) wait 10 secs
4) plug DP.
5) Restart Oculus Service.

Any idea what the problem is?

Jozhxy
Explorer
Motherboard can't detect it as USB 3.0 if you boot up with Rift S plugged in. Disable USB legacy support will solve it, won't work if boot from cold shutdown or from sleep. (not recommended)

I tried all methods. Reconfigure, reinstall software, reset PC... meh...
Replug USB simply works for me. Whenever I want to use I just plug it in. I got the latest firmware & software update, no changes.

Perhaps motherboard not "smart" enough - Asrock Z270 Pro4
Oculus recommend me to try on other PC with different specs (I haven't try)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jozhxy said:

Motherboard can't detect it as USB 3.0 if you boot up with Rift S plugged in. Disable USB legacy support will solve it, won't work if boot from cold shutdown or from sleep. (not recommended)

I tried all methods. Reconfigure, reinstall software, reset PC... meh...
Replug USB simply works for me. Whenever I want to use I just plug it in. I got the latest firmware & software update, no changes.

Perhaps motherboard not "smart" enough - Asrock Z270 Pro4
Oculus recommend me to try on other PC with different specs (I haven't try)

I have the exact same problem as you. 
Simply replugging the usb is fine but my computer is out of reach so I put a powered usb hub closer to me so I can easily replug it in when I want to use it.
Its a real pain.
This problem is something new because I never had this problem before. Maybe something they broke in the latest update?

Jozhxy
Explorer

I have the exact same problem as you. 
Simply replugging the usb is fine but my computer is out of reach so I put a powered usb hub closer to me so I can easily replug it in when I want to use it.
Its a real pain.
This problem is something new because I never had this problem before. Maybe something they broke in the latest update?

I got this issue ever since I bought it. I observed the latest firmware update changed my Rift S driver and cause it to malfunction, so I reinstall the driver. 
Yes I understand it's a pain in the ass, I bought a short adapter USB-C to USB-B to prevent USB port wear out but it didn't solve the issue because it's just hardwired.

For your case it worked last time, and then out of sudden it's not working after the update regardless you've reinstall/reconfigure? It's most likely the update that broke it.
Since you got a USB 3.0 hub, maybe can try to plug in multiple 3.0 devices and check if Windows detect them as 3.0 after boot up.

On boot up, by default the motherboard will detect for legacy USB 2.0. When Windows loaded it should re-detect the USBs. I tried to use my 3.0 flash drive plugged in before boot, it does re-detected as USB 3.0 after Windows loaded. Rift S still stuck at USB 2.0, Rift S Sensor and Rift S USB Hub failed to be detected.

I see some forums solved the issue by purchasing an extension card that using manufacturer's driver instead of  Microsoft driver.

Possible causes:
  1. Microsoft USB driver
  2. Motherboard variations
  3. Powerup sequence on Rift S