cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] Does mirrors effect the Oculus Rift S tracking?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a pretty bulky mirror (Floor to ceiling) in the room I play VR in, I will face it quite alot. Is that fine for the sensors or do I have to pull out a bedsheet to cover it?
4 REPLIES 4

LZoltowski
Champion
Not sure about facing but I have an entire wall that is a floor to ceiling mirror to the left of me, so far have not had a lot of issues as long as the carpet floor at least has some sort of patter it can track well.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

rednekcowboy77
Adventurer
I had a fairly large hanging mirror that used to mess with my og rift so much that I had to remove it.

I've re-hung it with the Rift S and have had 0 tracking issues.  Tracking is from the headset to the controllers so unless something comes in between the cameras on the headset and the controllers in your hands or there is not enough light in the room (ie you can't use the Rift S in a dark room like you could with the original Rift) then there should be no issues with tracking.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, it looks like it's a 'results may vary' scenario. I'll see how it goes!

maxpare79
Trustee
I have mirrors on the ceiling and...oh wait wrong room 😉

I have a a large 4 feet high by 12 feet wide mirror right in front of me (the back of a display case hanging on the wall) and tracking has been fine
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner