Rift S Touch controllers that cannot be removed, causing orange light/no tracking issue — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S Touch controllers that cannot be removed, causing orange light/no tracking issue

landonkklandonkk Posts: 2
NerveGear
Latest Oculus App (1.40.0.281178), latest Nvidia drivers (436.02). Have done a clean install twice. Have searched forums for similar situation.

I have three "extra" Right Touch controls listed under devices that seemingly came from nowhere. They have a weird serial number listed " $��� " or similar, and they all either have the Remove Device button grayed out, or when I click Remove Device and confirm it, it does nothing to remove it. My two 'active' touch controllers are listed with the sleeping icon next to them. Both controllers have brand new batteries.

Basically what happens is around once a day or so, when not in use I get the orange light and when I put the headset on the control panel appears but everything is stuck - nothing tracks. I then have a notification that says my right touch controller battery is low. The app has a notification, the device is marked as red and it takes a reboot to get everything sorted and working again (although the rogue controllers are still listed and cannot be removed).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Comments

• kojackkojack Posts: 5,446 Volunteer Moderator
    There's a few threads about this, you can find them by searching for the term phantom touch.

• landonkklandonkk Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Thanks, I appreciate this. Unfortunately as others have mentioned, they reappear after a while. Has Oculus not addressed this issue?
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,591 Valuable Player
    landonkk said:
    Thanks, I appreciate this. Unfortunately as others have mentioned, they reappear after a while. Has Oculus not addressed this issue?
    I had that once some time ago, and managed to get rid of them. Think I did a whole uninstall in safe mode with internet disconnected, then removed any remaining files from the appdata local/locallow/roaming folders.

I then booted pc back up and connected internet again, and downloaded the installer for a new install. Warning with this though, you lose all saved games. You could try a repair - download and run Oculus setup and choose repair, but seems like I tried that and it did not work for me. You do not lose saved games with a repair.

They have never come back in my case.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|