Newbie question — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Newbie question

FeshtyVRFeshtyVR Posts: 3
NerveGear
Just bought the Oculus Quest today. Complete newb to VR. My understanding was that bluetooth is only required for the set up and once set up, bluetooth can be turned off? When i turn off bluetooth it tells me to enable it again? No big deal but i rarely use bluetooth on my phone so just wondering do i need to leave it on permanently in order to use the quest? 

Comments

• FeshtyVRFeshtyVR Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Also, with regards wifi. If i take the quest to someone elses house then i need to connect to their wifi right? 
  • enigma01enigma01 Posts: 201
    Art3mis
    I don’t think the Bluetooth on the headset can be disabled, I believe it’s also used to communicate with the controllers. Regarding WiFi, I’ve took my Quest to my parents and still been able to play games (as long as they aren’t ones requiring internet connection) and didn’t have to connect to their WiFi. 
  • SteveG7RTASteveG7RTA Posts: 92
    Hiro Protagonist
    If you do take your Quest to someone else’s house & decide you would like to cast it to your phone/tablet (so you can see what the other person is watching) then both devices will need to be connected to their WiFi (& they must also have the internet, so you can’t take your own router without connecting it to the net)
    otherwise, as enigma01 said, it will work without WiFi / internet