cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any tips on getting the focus right?

FeshtyVR
Honored Guest
How do you guys set up the focus? I followed the steps but its of little help it seems!

The slider on the quest does very little it seems! The biggest difference is from the way you wear the quest / adjusting it! 

The problem i have is that i will adjust the quest on my head and i will get everything looking reasonably clear (enough to read the text etc) but as soon as i start looking around or move basically then its out of focus again! Its almost as if if i cant even move my eyes around because the slightest movement ruins the focus!

Anyone else have this issue?

I have recently been tested for glasses and was told my eyesight is perfect so i dont think its anything to do with my sight! 
1 REPLY 1

enigma01
Trustee
My experience is that if you move your eyes around, it will effect clarity. The lenses on the Quest and most other VR headsets are designed in a way that they have a ‘sweetspot’ In the centre of the lenses. The image will be at its sharpest when you’re eyes are right in the sweetspot. The Quest also uses fixed Foveated rendering, where rendering is reduced if it’s outside peripheral vision. 

If you do have the headset fitted right, then you should be able to get a pretty clear image. I do have a slight astigmatism in one eye, but can still get a pretty clear experience without wearing glasses when using my Quest.