New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Sony Mantis vr headphone is a great option.

inovatorinovator Posts: 2,235 Valuable Player
I clipped them on my rift s and omg for me they sounded good. No headache or pain getting in and out of VR. They are similar to how headphones on cv1 are attached. I know oc may announce an even better solution but for the s and even the quest it's a good option.

Comments

• MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,688 Valuable Player
    Thanks for the info im gonna take a look.
    Headed back from this deployment in a few weeks so I cant order anything new or itll just get lost in the mail. :)
    WAAAGH!
  • uKERuKER Posts: 163
    Art3mis
    edited September 2019
    Guess you mean these.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0735X5M4X?pf_rd_p=183f5289-9dc0-416f-942e-e8f213ef368b&pf_rd_r=1XN46S4K5YB4K045FXE3
    They're not by Sony, but by a company named Bionik.
    Still, thanks for the heads up.
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,573 Volunteer Moderator
    Are these the bionik headphones? that company make Rift faceplates I see, so wonder if they're tweaking the mantis design for the S... well, maybe just a black version would do it!
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18363.720)
  • inovatorinovator Posts: 2,235 Valuable Player
    edited September 2019
    They are made for the playstation vr but work great on the rift s and quest and go. They are the mantis bionik.they dont come in black. I'm not fashion conscious so I dont care that they are white. Check out YouTube videos. 
    Yep, they seem pretty good... my OCD just has me wondering if they going to do black ones though! If they sound good though, that's really all that matters.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18363.720)
  • msm903msm903 Posts: 106
    Art3mis
    nice. Right now I am using my Vive ear buds on my Rift S. I have a PSVR so i will get these :)
  • msm903msm903 Posts: 106
    Art3mis
    edited September 2019
    how did you get these to fit? I almost had to break the clip to fit it on the Rift S
    Yeah back to using the vive ear buds :( I put the Mantis on my PSVR instead. It was affecting tightening my rift S.

Hope Oculus comes out with an addon soon
    msm903 said:
    how did you get these to fit? I almost had to break the clip to fit it on the Rift S
    Yeah back to using the vive ear buds :( I put the Mantis on my PSVR instead. It was affecting tightening my rift S.

Hope Oculus comes out with an addon soon
    I'm bad as well at adding tech. I watched videos. When fitting it on the rift sit's best to start from bottom to top and make sure you are at the skinniest part of the halo strap. I felt if I could do it anyone can. It should fit tight but not to the point you feel like something will break. Sorry it didn't work for you. For me it was a gamechanger and no longer missed the cv1 audio setup
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,688 Valuable Player

Worked for me I just got mine today.

Great fit as Inovator said bottom to top skinniest part but you can move em up.

I also shifted the Strap retainer up abit to get them to fit on my ears. 

WAAAGH!
    I've contacted bionik to asked if a Rift-S specific version of these headphones (i.e. black ones or with tweaked dimensions if necessary) are in the works.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 4,913 Valuable Player
    edited September 2019
    So now we have an Oculus HMD made by Lenovo that needs Sony headphones - can't help thinking of: 

Image result for frankensteins monster body parts

- but of course it's great if all the different parts work perfectly together  B)

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    I've contacted bionik to asked if a Rift-S specific version of these headphones (i.e. black ones or with tweaked dimensions if necessary) are in the works.
    I swear it works as it was made for the rift. I take my rift s on and off without having to adjust it each time. It's amazing and to me sounds great.. you should buy it on Amazon  then u can return it if necessary. But you will keep it most likely.
    yeah I know... black ones though would be great
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,854 Valuable Player
    I saw one of the YouTube guys just painted his black.  Looked pretty good.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro, Vive Cosmos, Vive Wireless.

edited September 2019

Nice not to have to do that plus I don't know what tolerances they design them to for eliminating risk of snapping the plastic for those who are a bit heavy handed clipping them on... there may be a fraction of a mm tweaking they'd want to do if the Sony halo isn't exactly the same as the Rift's.

And the fact that they'd be advertised on the bionik website as Rift-S headphones will avoid any confusion or question of suitability, for all the people who don't frequent this wonderful forum. Or if they google Rift-S headphones... these would appear.

• CGH001CGH001 Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    I got some for my Rift S shortly after buying it. They were a bit of a tight fit but well worth it as they're lots better than the standard Rift S sound.
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,900 Valuable Player
    I can't believe there is still no good solution. I bought regular headphones but they are a major major pain to deal with. 

What about the Koss Porto + 3d printed holder option? 

i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
    MowTin said:
    I can't believe there is still no good solution. I bought regular headphones but they are a major major pain to deal with. 

What about the Koss Porto + 3d printed holder option? 

The mantis is a really good solution. No pain whatsoever. But maybe at connect will have a more native solution