cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift Cables

Riotsu
Protege
Rift Cables should go back on the market somewhere, anywhere.
38 REPLIES 38

inovator
Consultant
It's a mistatement to say it's still full of problems. White static is no longer
 a problem. I'm having no more blackout problems and using the Sony mantis headphone gives me a cv1 similar audio experience.  

inovator
Consultant
Oh and tracking is much better with the update. 

Riotsu
Protege
It's not a misstatement, I still hear people's microphones sometimes sending monstrous noises instead of their voice in multiplayer VR games, they always say they're using the Rift S.  So yes, it still has issues, though I'm glad you don't have them.

motorsep
Rising Star

Riotsu said:

The $400 HMD you purchase here is not actually saving money if you have to replace the whole system every two to four years.  

By this token Sony and MS are equally "evil" since you have to buy new consoles every time they release a new one.

ShocksVR
Superstar

Riotsu said:

It's not a misstatement, I still hear people's microphones sometimes sending monstrous noises instead of their voice in multiplayer VR games, they always say they're using the Rift S.  So yes, it still has issues, though I'm glad you don't have them.

And it'll get patched out.  The Rift S is steadily improving.
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

Riotsu
Protege

motorsep said:

Riotsu said:

The $400 HMD you purchase here is not actually saving money if you have to replace the whole system every two to four years.  

By this token Sony and MS are equally "evil" since you have to buy new consoles every time they release a new one.

You misunderstand, we can still play the first Xbox consoles because we can still buy the hardware required to operate them.  We can't with Oculus Rift, because we can no longer purchase a replacement HMD cable. Once that cord expires, you'd have to purchase a new HMD.

Riotsu
Protege

Riotsu said:

And it'll get patched out.  The Rift S is steadily improving.

...and in four years from now, that HMD will no longer be sold and they'll stop selling the replacement cable for that too, and you'll have to buy their next HMD model.  We can hope they fix the Rift S issues before those four years are up.

inovator
Consultant
There are always a few people having issues but overall for the majority the issus are resolved.

jayhawk
Superstar

Riotsu said:

their newer HMD which isn't even an upgrade and is still full of problems. 

This is where you lost credibility. I would highly disagree. The new HMD is an upgrade in many ways, and not still full of problems.