Uninstall Quest browser — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Uninstall Quest browser

Runion17Runion17 Posts: 1
NerveGear
Is there any way to completely uninstall/disable the Quest browser?

Comments

• venturesomekidventuresomekid Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I believe you can do it if you have developer mode turned on. You have to connect your Quest to your PC and run cmd as administrator from the location where you have adb installed and then you have to type in the command something like "adb uninstall com.oculus.browser" something like that. You need to find out the exact package name of the browser then you can uninstall it this way I believe, not sure though.
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 476
    Trinity
    You could probably do it easier through SideQuest, as it lists the apps installed, then you just select the app, click on it and choose to uninstall. I'm not sure if it will automatically reinstall itself later though, such as after an update.
  • venturesomekidventuresomekid Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Spuzzum said:
    You could probably do it easier through SideQuest, as it lists the apps installed, then you just select the app, click on it and choose to uninstall. I'm not sure if it will automatically reinstall itself later though, such as after an update.
    I have been using VRSideloader and in that, you can only uninstall already sideloaded apps and not stock apps that is why I suggested the other way. never tried Sidequest, will check it. Thanks