glasses dont work anymore. — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

glasses dont work anymore.

so a little ago i decided to clean my glasses as i could mostly only see dirt when i looked into them, as i did not have any cleaning wipes on me at the time, i sprayed a little bit of window cleaner, after i wiped it off with water, my glasses left eye started having flickering purple lighting and when i turned my glasses off the screen doesnt turn on again, and it says tracking bad in my glasses.
Tagged:

Comments

• Pvp.miesPvp.mies Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    not dirt but stains
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,027 Volunteer Moderator

I assume when you say glasses, you mean your headset?

Never spray liquids into your headset.  Harsh chemicals can damage the lenses but liquids can also damage the screens or electronics if they get inside.

At this point though, if liquid is inside, I've heard that putting the affected equipment in a container with something that absorbs moisture cam help, such as rice (being sure to keep the rice separate from the headset but inside the same box.

But I'd say contact support first and see what advice they give.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.239)
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,852 Valuable Player
    You probably ruined your headset by using windex on the lenses.  I don't know about the Rift S, but the original CV1 said to never use cleaners on the lenses because it could very easily damage them.  Perhaps that's what you've done with your set.  Open a support ticket and hope they cover it, chances are they'll say "Sorry, we said don't use cleaners on the lenses for a reason".
  • MikeFMikeF Posts: 672
    Neo
    Yeah, every headset comes with two stickers on the lenses for this exact reason. Avoid sunlight, no liquid cleaners.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,021 Valuable Player
    Headset. Not glasses.