New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus app keeps crashing and restarting please help

I just bought my oculus probably about a month it worked decently fine I had the phantom touch and some problem where it would say it wasnt plugged into the display port even though it was. But yesterday the app crashed while I was in a game and now the app crashed everytime I put on the headset. I did a repair on the app multiple times and uninstalled and reinstalled it, I updated all my drivers I did everything I could but I cant fix it and it looks like I just lost 400$ 
Tagged:

Answers

• TragicDelightTragicDelight Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
    unplug usb3 and DP cables from pc. turn off pc. wait 5 mins. plug back in. turn on pc. profit.
  • huliqanhuliqan Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited September 2019
    Oculus app keeps crashing and restarting
    same too since from version 1.40 
    constantly restarting when putting the helmet on the head
    But on 1.39 works fine!!!
     I continue to use 1.39
  • profman5profman5 Posts: 9
    Brain Burst
    See if the topic linked below can assist you:

(blank screen) Rift S Crashes NON STOP (SOLVED!!)

I had a similar problem and was given a solution by Oculus Support that worked.  Others posted their versions of a fix.  Just ignore the arguments that follow the solutions.

Good Luck!
    profman

Hiro Protagonist
    edited September 2019
    See if the topic linked below can assist you:

Where is solution your issue?

is it?

i created a new user profile on my computer and it worked. So, I copied the oculus related folders in each of the three folders in appdata on the new profile over to the existing profile and I am good to go!!!

I just logged in to the Administrator account and set up Rift S. Then I copied the folders to my usual account

Brain Burst
    huliqan;

Look for the one post listed as by profman5.  It involves uninstalling the Oculus software while in Windows Safe Mode (without networking), but be sure to backup your software before doing this.  Then you install the Oculus software in Windows normal operating mode.  Then you restore the software that you previously backed up.

This is a lot of work, and you have to be very careful.  It solved my issue of the Oculus software constantly crashing each time I put the helmet on.

profman5
    Hiro Protagonist
    I full reinstall Oculus software,but I have same issue-sometimes when I take off the Rift S and put on the table,and then after a few minutes it again dress Helmet on my head-oculus home restarting.
    but sometimes all works fine all day without restarting.
    if I return 1.39 vers. - I never never get any issue 
    Brain Burst
    huliqan;

Stay on 1.39 for a while, if you can, if that solves your issue.  Usually the Oculus software will update itself to the current version. 

The current version which I have is 1.40.1 and version 1.41 will come out some time.  I do not know if either of those two versions would help you or hurt you.

I no longer try the PTC releases since they tend to be buggy.

Good luck.
    Hiro Protagonist
     Usually the Oculus software will update itself to the current version.

not updated if: 

1. or add in Oculus folder two empty txt-files without extension(.txt - delete)

Staging

tmp

2. or

Manifest folder in Oculus base folder remain from current version(1.40)

In both cases, version 1.39 works without errors!

I use 1.40.1 and 1.39 versions

• VulturemanzVulturemanz Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    How do i revert back to 1.39? because my app worked fine then
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited September 2019
    download it https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qdYFniQ386az_5sVwFZVclV5e_rMpVzH/view?usp=sharing
    1. way
    Task Manager - > Services - > OVRService - > right mouse button - > Stop
    rename your
    C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support
    and unzip Support folder from my archive
    Task Manager - > Services - > OVRService - > right mouse button - > Run
    2.way
    Task Manager - > Services - > OVRService - > right mouse button - > Stop
    rename your
    C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support
    and
    C:\Program Files\Oculus\Manifests
    unzip all from my archive in 
    C:\Program Files\Oculus\
    (if there are already folders of the same name, you need to delete them)
    Task Manager - > Services - > OVRService - > right mouse button - > Run
    in my archive oculus-worlds (HOME2) disabled with OculusHomeless(I absolutely don"t need him)!!! Instead of a room there is just a gray screen!!!
    If you want use ROOM of HOM2 you need replace oculus-worlds of my archive to oculus-worlds from your C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-worlds
    But  I strongly advise you to don't it for maximum performance !!!
    OculusHomeless https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/8uf1sm/oculushomeless_use_dash_without_home_20/
    NerveGear
    didnt work. this is really upsetting me. it worked exactly fine when i got it but since this update came out it crashes and no one can help me i even got support and tried everything they said and nothing will work. this headset wasn't cheap for me neither, i only got two weeks out of it
  • OcuclopsOniOcuclopsOni Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    didnt work. this is really upsetting me. it worked exactly fine when i got it but since this update came out it crashes and no one can help me i even got support and tried everything they said and nothing will work. this headset wasn't cheap for me neither, i only got two weeks out of it
    I feel your pain. I loved the Rift S, but in the end I felt that I was doing more troubleshooting than actually playing. Had to return it. But, with the money refunded, I will be purchasing the Index. Hopefully that goes a whole lot smoother for me. 
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited September 2019
    didnt work

What you mean?Describe in detail what exactly didnt work?

I take turns launching different versions and everything works! And for my friends on the IL-2 Sturmovik forum also all my archives of old versions of oculus software working fine!Since the days of the Oculus CV1

NerveGear
    I dont know, I did way 1 because ima be honest way 2 seemed confusing but I unzipped the file in there and all and ran the service and it still crashed I'm certain I did it wrong but. I didnt know what to rename and what to rename it to. And for some reason it didnt give me the option to run the service, but to start it ( I'm certain this means the same thing, but felt I needed to say just in case this is what I did wrong). 
    Hiro Protagonist
    for 1 way:
    Stop OVRService 
    folder Support (in C:\Program Files\Oculus\ ) rename in Support-140(or other name)
    unzip from my archive (Oculus 1.39 HOME disable.7z) Support folder in 
    C:\Program Files\Oculus\
    Run OVRService or reboot computer
    it's all :)
    NerveGear
    Ok will try, thank you