Focus sweet spot problem — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Focus sweet spot problem

gism0egism0e Posts: 4
NerveGear
Is there any one else that has a slightly focus sweet spot problem, the IP adjustment does not take into account that each of my eyes are not the exact  distance from my nose, so one eye will be spot on 
but the other will be slightly out 

Comments

• SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 476
    Trinity
    I believe the IPD measures the distance between your eyes themselves, not their distance to the nose. People who wear glasses don't have the lenses spread any differently, even if one eye is further out than the other. As long as the lenses spread properly, everything will be in proper focus. It might be how the Quest is positioned on your face, and not the IPD. I found that by pulling the top strap back a bit it can bring things into focus a bit better for myself.
  • gism0egism0e Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    But what you have not taken into account is that the goggles sit in the Center of your face guided by the noes bridge so you can not move the goggles left or right to line up with both eyes
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 476
    Trinity
    You could always shift the headset to the side then slightly. I mean, unless you're 1/4 inch out or something, then you should still be able to get it pretty clear/close. Everybody has a slight difference in distance. The Oculus Go has a fixed IPD, and covers a range of users with different IPDs. The Quest should be no different. Even if you're slightly out on 1 eye, you're still close enough to be clear.