mods and other — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

mods and other

PotatoeGhostPotatoeGhost Posts: 1
NerveGear
im thinking about buying an oculus quest but i was wondering if mods and dlc like the music packs in beat saber will still be accessible 
Tagged:

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,680 Volunteer Moderator
    In general Quest games are not very moddable*, but Beat Saber DLC is accessible and is shared with the Rift (if you buy the official DLC on the Rift, you'll also get it for the Quest version).

*You can look into side-loading, which does allow adding custom stuff into Beat Saber, as well as loading content from sources other than the official Quest store. Quest is meant to be a closed system like a game console, but it does allow you to directly load stuff onto it by connecting it to a PC (this is how devs can test their builds without putting them on the store). Google "Side Quest," which is an app that makes it easy to load non-store content onto the Quest. They have step-by-step instructions on their web site to get you set up.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB