cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Quest: Oculus software only gives options to add Rift and Rift S devices headsets

sstrams
Honored Guest
Ok, I have the Quest up and running through the Oculus app on my iPad.. that all works just fine.. I entered developer mode and am trying to test a simple unity game through the Quest.. I've downloaded all the proper sdk's and  abd's and whatnot and built the unity test file that shows in my Oculus library on my laptop.. but it will not play the test unity file because it says "no devices found. There are no compatible devices associated with your account. Please add a headset to get started."
So, I try to add the headset on the Oculus software on my laptop.  I only get options to add Rift and Rift S - no Quest. Keep in mind the headset is already paired on iPad and working properly. Just for some reason I cannot add the headset to my Oculus software on laptop, which I need to do to play my unity file. I've re-installed the Oculus software, logged out and logged back it etc and ran whatever updates were available, but still only get Rift and Rift S options to add devices.. No Quest option.. Any ideas? I've been searching for two days for an answer now, and no dice.. Thank you..
3 REPLIES 3

kojack
MVP
MVP
The desktop software only has Rift and Rift-S support, you can't add a Quest to it.

Have a look at the list of your devices here: https://secure.oculus.com/my/devices
Is there a Quest listed there?

I didn't think that was needed though. Usually when it says a device can't be found when uploading a build, you need to put the headset on and approve the PC (this has to be done on every different computer you want to upload from).

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

MikeHollisJr
Honored Guest

Man, do you know how much time this would have saved me if there was a notice of this somewhere, I've been trying to figure out what's going on for at least 2 days now

kojack
MVP
MVP

Actually the info in this thread is out of date. A couple of months after I posted that the desktop software has no support for Quest, Oculus released the Link cable and added Quest support to the desktop software.

However you have to have the Link cable (or similar USB cable) connected for the software to recognise the Quest.

(Or Virtual Desktop for wifi streaming, but I don't know how the oculus software behaves without any headsets officially connected)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2