New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Any way to calibrate Quest controllers (left one drifts)

My left controller is drifting in my game.  I see stuff online about tweaking the calibration files for the deadzone values - but that is for Rift on PC.  Does the Quest have similar files?  Is there some other way to adjust or re-calibrate the controllers?  I have tried taking the battery out - that didn't do anything.
Thanks

Comments

• KeyboardDemonKeyboardDemon Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Try changing the lighting in the room where you are using your Quest, it might be a light related issue.
  • slipperedlobsterslipperedlobster Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Try changing the lighting in the room where you are using your Quest, it might be a light related issue.
    Definitely not..I have the same problem..   Not an easy fix.  It isn't light...it isn't batteries in wrong or underpowered...It is a definite drift problem.   My severely handycaps me.  I tried almost everything....and now will try to replace the left controller

• bastos_bastos_ Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the same problem i don’t know why but once in a while the controller drifts away for no reason and doesn’t respond anymore. I tried removing the battery. It works again for 10 seconds and it drifts again...
  • kojackkojack Posts: 6,142 Volunteer Moderator
    Deadzones in the calibration files (no idea if Quest has them) are for thumbstick drift causing the player to move around in games with free movement.
    If the controller itself is drifting in the world, then that's most likely a tracking problem. The headset is failing to see the controller clearly and is falling back on inertial tracking, which is only stable for a second or so before it drifts too much.

One thing to try would be to look at the drifting controller with a phone camera (they are bad at blocking IR light). Check that it has all the infrared lights working. This is what it should look like (only through the camera, the lights are invisible to the naked eye):

It also may be as KeyboardDemon said. Make sure you have the Quest tracking frequency set to the power frequency used in your region.