cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift S and very quick black screen

Piregwan
Honored Guest
Hi,

I've read a lot about Oculus black screen and USB3 disconnection but my problem doesn't seem to be USB. See below

I encountered black screen at any moment (Oculus home, playing, moving head, doing nothing). This could be very long (few seconds or minutes) as a USB3 disconnection but it could be very quick also (black-normal-black-normal in 1 second). This last one cannot be a USB disconnection, too fast. Often this occurs when I move the head. Sometimes I stay in Oculus Home without any view (black) but sound is OK. Sometimes it becomes black in a game, music and sounds coutinue.

I reinstalled Oculus launcher 3 times on a SSD, I reinstalled applications, I tried 2.00 beta drivers for Oculus, I updates my nVidia 1060GTX drivers to 436.30 version. I tried three US3 port, I tried 2 Diplayport port, I tried to deactivate energy saving on USB ports. Now I am totally lost. 

Looks like there is a problem with the cable. I'm about to return my Oculus Rift S, because I'm becoming mad with this problem and all the pleasure is spoilt.

Can someone help me ?
1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @Piregwan, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. It sounds like you've already done a lot of troubleshooting. Could you please contact support at https://support.oculus.com so we can help you out with this? Thanks! -Rick
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!