cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supersampling?

LoneEcho
Expert Protege
I am buying Rift S and i'd like to know is it somehow possible to set supersampling in the Oculus native app like it is possible to do in SteamVR? Also, does activating DSR in Nvidia control panel enable you to set higher resolution in the VR game like you can on a normal monitor with DSR factors activated?

And also, my IPD is 67mm. Is this too much out of range for comfort?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes  you can set SS in the Oculus native app. However also there is the Oculus Tray Tool , a very popular third party app that makes it easier, can even have profiles for each game with different SS settings in addition to some other settings.
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/47247/oculus-traytool-supersampling-profiles-hmd-di...

No DSR would not work. Currently in VR about the only thing in Nvidia Control Panel that has an effect is setting power management to "Prefer Maximum Performance" which I recommend.

IPD - You will just need to try it to know for sure. I have seen reports that even higher IPD's have been ok, and others where it is not so ok. Very specific to the individual.

View solution in original post

lensmandave
Superstar
Mine is 66mm...works perfectly for me 🙂
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes  you can set SS in the Oculus native app. However also there is the Oculus Tray Tool , a very popular third party app that makes it easier, can even have profiles for each game with different SS settings in addition to some other settings.
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/47247/oculus-traytool-supersampling-profiles-hmd-di...

No DSR would not work. Currently in VR about the only thing in Nvidia Control Panel that has an effect is setting power management to "Prefer Maximum Performance" which I recommend.

IPD - You will just need to try it to know for sure. I have seen reports that even higher IPD's have been ok, and others where it is not so ok. Very specific to the individual.

lensmandave
Superstar
Mine is 66mm...works perfectly for me 🙂
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.