Go / Gear VR free upgrades when will they be up? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Go / Gear VR free upgrades when will they be up?

G4MER-D3V1LG4MER-D3V1L Posts: 48
Brain Burst
edited October 3 in Oculus Quest
hello im wandering when will the free upgrades go live for the go apps on the quest?
I have most of the apps that will get a free upgrade. any specific date to this going live?

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,875 Volunteer Moderator
    They went live a couple hours ago... probably very shortly after you posted.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • CompuChipCompuChip Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Most of them are working, but Ocean Rift is giving this error for me: GraphQL server responded with error 1675030: Error performing query.
  • PiperyePiperye Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Well all the GearVR titles I have on that list, still have a price on them under the Quest section, so how does this work?
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 641
    Neo
    Click the dropdown menu at the top of your library, and select Go. Then click 'not installed'...all your Go/Gear VR titles that have already been ported to the Quest will appear there, ready to be installed. If they aren't listed, then they haven't been ported...yet.
  • PiperyePiperye Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I must be doing something wrong, on my computer, I go to the apps & games/Gear VR tab, search for Rush, the blue button says purchased, I click on the Quest tab/Rush, the blue button says $30.99, it's the same for all 9 of my eligible games, same results if I use the Oculus app on my phone (Australia)
    Neo
    edited October 4
    Check the dropdown menu in the library on the Quest itself.
  • justmetoojustmetoo Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Sorry  on my quest when i go to library I do not have a drop down list  at the top.....      no real change from before the update to 9.0 in there
    Piperye said:
    I must be doing something wrong, on my computer, I go to the apps & games/Gear VR tab, search for Rush, the blue button says purchased, I click on the Quest tab/Rush, the blue button says $30.99, it's the same for all 9 of my eligible games, same results if I use the Oculus app on my phone (Australia)
    If your free upgrade games are not showing as “free” on the Quest store by now, you might need to open a support ticket to get it sorted. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    Spuzzum said:
    That’s for the Go emulation games, but games like Rush that have Quest versions are eligible for free upgrades to the Quest versions (if they were owned before Sept. 25).
  • justmetoojustmetoo Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    nalex66 said:
    Spuzzum said:
    That’s for the Go emulation games, but games like Rush that have Quest versions are eligible for free upgrades to the Quest versions (if they were owned before Sept. 25).
    But there is also a section that says you can buy the games on the list if you don't own them and get the cross install..   I think they need to really clarify how all this works...   between the emulation and cross buy-install......
    Neo
    justmetoo said:
    Sorry  on my quest when i go to library I do not have a drop down list  at the top.....      no real change from before the update to 9.0 in there

This is what it looks like in my Quest...if you have a Go or Gear VR, then they should appear in the dropdown. If you own one of those, and it's not showing up...then I'm lost(?).

Neo
    nalex66 said:
    Spuzzum said:

Cool...I think some of the youtubers were mentioning those were available through the app on the phone, but not the Quest itself.
  • SteveG7RTASteveG7RTA Posts: 106
    Art3mis
    edited October 5
    Spuzzum said:
    justmetoo said:

This is what it looks like in my Quest...if you have a Go or Gear VR, then they should appear in the dropdown. If you own one of those, and it's not showing up...then I'm lost(?).

Do you have to own a Go or GearVR to get the go titles then?
    i only own a Quest (& a Rift) & there’s no sign of the drop down menu.

edit: just downloaded a “Quest compatible” Go game, using the phone app. The dropdown menu has now appeared on the Quest & so has the game. 😀
  • G4MER-D3V1LG4MER-D3V1L Posts: 48
    Brain Burst
    i just want to say thank you i was able to get my free upgrades. i got 9 free games and a store credit of $55 to my account it was a good week this week. 
  • G4MER-D3V1LG4MER-D3V1L Posts: 48
    Brain Burst
    Spuzzum said:
    justmetoo said:

yes well to get the free apps and free upgrades. you can always use the oculus app on your phone to purchase the oculus go app that work on the quest. then go to this drop down menu and download them on the quest. 
    also has your quest got the latest system update I didn't see this  until my oculus quest updated to the new update.
  • carli.susucarli.susu Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I downloaded a load of the free go apps, demos etc, to try out on my quest from the list of compatible ones ....they all come up as 'purchased' in my mobile phone app, but no option to install them onto my Quest.. I follow the instructions , look for them in my headset, but nothing, nada! HELP! X
    Neo
    Spuzzum said:
    justmetoo said:

edit: just downloaded a “Quest compatible” Go game, using the phone app. The dropdown menu has now appeared on the Quest & so has the game. 😀

Cool...I was just about to suggest that.
    Neo
    I downloaded a load of the free go apps, demos etc, to try out on my quest from the list of compatible ones ....they all come up as 'purchased' in my mobile phone app, but no option to install them onto my Quest.. I follow the instructions , look for them in my headset, but nothing, nada! HELP! X

Did you reboot the Quest? Do you have the dropdown menu?
  • SteveG7RTASteveG7RTA Posts: 106
    Art3mis
    Spuzzum said:
    justmetoo said:

yes well to get the free apps and free upgrades. you can always use the oculus app on your phone to purchase the oculus go app that work on the quest. then go to this drop down menu and download them on the quest. 
    also has your quest got the latest system update I didn't see this  until my oculus quest updated to the new update.
    I’ve sorted it cheers. I downloaded a compatible app using my phone & it appeared on the Quest (which has the latest update).
    downloaded more Go apps now & its all working 👍