How do you unplug Rift-S cable? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How do you unplug Rift-S cable?

MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,711 Valuable Player
When I touch the cable I get static and disconnects. I've tried to unplug and replug the cable.

I removed everything but the cable is just attached very tightly. Is there some secret to unplugging it? I have big hands maybe that part of the problem. 

Should I use pliers? 
i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index

Comments

• dburnedburne Posts: 2,701 Valuable Player
    No do not use pliers.
    It is a tight fit, so somewhat difficult to unplug and plug back in - but it can be done.

Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,640 Valuable Player

I use my Teeth.....

NO DONT USE PLIERS!

WAAAGH!
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,035 Valuable Player
    The Rift S uses DisplayPort right?  Some DP plugs have “claws” that retract when you pinch the plug a certain way. See if there’s any pressure points on the plug casing. 
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,711 Valuable Player
    Jiggling it worked for me. This looks like it resolved my static / disconnects 
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
  • DownluckDownluck Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    edited October 6
    You have to remove the facial interface, unlock the halo strap, remove it too and then remove the cable, after reset it just put everything on again and you're ready to go.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,701 Valuable Player
    Downluck said:
    You have to remove the facial interface, unlock the halo strap, remove it too and then remove the cable, after reset it just put everything on again and you're ready to go.
    For me I was able to get it by just removing the facial interface.
    Perhaps removing the Halo might have made it a little easier though.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |