Can't accept any friends in oculus home — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Can't accept any friends in oculus home

DuxCroDuxCro Posts: 18
NerveGear
edited October 6 in Support
Let me make this perfectly clear, Facebook...i do NOT want to use your antisocial / private data selling network. So i was happy that i can use oculus by creating an oculus account. And just now i talked to some person in his Oculus home. He sent me a friend request. And guess what? When i click on accept, another window opens and i can either cancel accepting his friend request, OR i can click on "link accounts." Which requires me to take off freakin headset and accept friend request on Facebook. W..T..F???
So i can't have any friends in VR because i must use your antisocial network? I had FB account before and i happily deleted it. Who the F thought that it was a good idea to force people this way to create FB accounts? And even if i did  STILL have a FB account, do you really think everyone wants to automatically have every person they meet online as friends on FB? The more i use this headset, the less i like it.
Edit: i see you CAN accept friend requests in desktop app. But in VR, it asks you to link FB accounts.