Anyone got a guide on how to setup WMR controllers? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Anyone got a guide on how to setup WMR controllers?

RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,667 Valuable Player
edited October 6 in Off-Topic
Has anyone got a link to a guide that shows you how to setup WMR controllers? I want to use my joystick thumbs to move and my Dpad to select A,B,X,Y like the buttons on the Oculus rift controllers. How can I do this, or a link showing me how to do it would be great. I can't find one anywhere?

Comments

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,392 Valuable Player
    Maybe @pyroth309 can help? If he's still into the O+...
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,667 Valuable Player
    edited October 7
    RuneSR2 said:
    Maybe @pyroth309 can help? If he's still into the O+...
    He was last active over a month ago now. You would think there would be a guide somewhere, but I can't find one. I just want to set my Dpad as A,B,Y,X for some games and use my thumb sticks to move.
    Maybe write a post in here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsMR/

Interesting - that group is smaller than Index Reddit... 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

edited October 7
    @RuneSR2 - I'm setting them controllers up in Steam like you would for Knuckles or HTC wands. With you having knuckles or anyone else using Steam controller settings I thought someone would know.
    RedRizla said:
    @RuneSR2 - I'm setting them controllers up in Steam like you would for Knuckles or HTC wands. With you having knuckles or anyone else using Steam controller settings I thought someone would know.
    I actually have never made any custom settings for Knuckles, they just work. I did select settings for Doom VFR and Skyrim VR made by some other users, though, but so far never tried to make those myself.

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,875 Volunteer Moderator
    RedRizla said:
    I think you have to change controller settings for SteamVR in the headset (which may be a problem if you’re having trouble getting into the SteamVR menu). If you can get to the SteamVR in-headset menu, you should see a button for SteamVR settings. In that menu, you can access a menu to customize your controller settings and bindings. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    edited October 7
    nalex66 said:
    RedRizla said:
    I think you have to change controller settings for SteamVR in the headset (which may be a problem if you’re having trouble getting into the SteamVR menu). If you can get to the SteamVR in-headset menu, you should see a button for SteamVR settings. In that menu, you can access a menu to customize your controller settings and bindings. 
    I can get to the WMR controller setting in Steam VR, but the settings don't make a great deal of sense to me. You would think there would be a tutorial out there that showed you how to change these settings. I am used to changing my Warhog Hotas which you would think would be more complicated. These WMR controllers look easy to configure in Steam VR, but without a guide it just complicates the whole process. I just can't fathom how to use my Dpad as a clickable for keys like A,B etc. I know you can do it though because I have to use someone else's profile for games.