Could my lens rings on my quest have scratched it? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Could my lens rings on my quest have scratched it?

YikkinYikkin Posts: 3
NerveGear
I am a new quest owner, for just a week. Tonight, my lens rings came off, so I put them back on. The only issue being, it took several tries due to me having fine motor skill issues. I’m now afraid that rotating the rings around the lenses and accidentally losing my grip has scratched them. Are they that easy to scratch or am I just overly paranoid?

Comments

• YikkinYikkin Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited October 7
    That is that is to say, l lost my grip and the ring slid over the lens a bit.

edit: here are some photos, I’m having trouble telling what might be a scratch and what’s just part of the lens. https://imgur.com/a/7jTwKjm
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 641
    Neo
    They 'look' fine in those photos, but I found it's best to check with a magnifying glass. Some things that might look like scratches, might actually reflections.
  • YikkinYikkin Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Spuzzum said:
    They 'look' fine in those photos, but I found it's best to check with a magnifying glass. Some things that might look like scratches, might actually reflections.
    I unfortunately don’t have one to hand, but I don’t see any when I’m wearing it either and I was looking for it. And dead pixels.
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 641
    Neo
    Sounds like they're fine then. :smile:
  • NikorasuNikorasu Posts: 117
    Art3mis
    Your photos look fine, but sometimes these things don't show up on camera.. My new replacement unit I just got actually came with tons of little micro-scratches all over the left lens.. But they only show up with my bright LED flashlight shining at the right angles to see it. I was able to get a photo that seems to show it, but I hesitate to complain to support about it, since it doesn't effect the visual quality while in VR even in the slightest.. And this is my 3rd freaking Quest, due to various other issues. I'm starting to feel bad about being nit-picky.. But these really shouldn't come with scratches, even tiny ones. lol
  • h.r.gargih.r.gargi Posts: 88
    Hiro Protagonist
    I don't think that the material of the lense ring is hard enough to scratch it. Just be carefull with using glasses and your Quest.