New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Woojer Vest™ - is it good?

RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,436 Valuable Player
edited October 8 in Off-Topic
This does look potentially amazing:

Main issue may be the price  :#

Anyone tried it? - Woojer Vest is also in this video, but maybe slightly overkill if I end up using it mainly for that game, lol:

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"

Comments

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,436 Valuable Player
    edited October 8
    As I said to the wife: "Oh my, it's already October, it's certainly getting chilly - wouldn't you agree it's a good idea if I bought a nice and warm Vest™ ?"  o:) 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,744 Valuable Player
    edited October 8
    I just backed the mini version for £89. I checked out info on this some time ago and I think it might be great for adding bass to VR experiences.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1382889335/woojer-edge-immersive-experience-that-lets-you-feel-sound?

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,669 Valuable Player
    I was really interested until I saw the price.
    RedRizla said:
    I was really interested until I saw the price.
    Sigh, I was counting on you trying it first ;)

• MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,641 Valuable Player

I use this. http://www.korfx.com/

Only 100$ and I like it.

WAAAGH!
    edited October 9
    Morgrum said:

Only 100$ and I like it.

It does have the right price, I wonder why Woojer Vest is 6-7 times the price of KOR-FX, is KOR-FX bluetooth too or does it use a cable?

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,035 Valuable Player
    If you guys want to save $100 I can go around to your place and punch you in the stomach every time you play a game in VR for only $599. B) :D B)
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    RuneSR2 said:
    Morgrum said:

Only 100$ and I like it.

It does have the right price, I wonder why Woojer Vest is 6-7 times the price of KOR-FX, is KOR-FX bluetooth too or does it use a cable?

Its Bluetooth.
    WAAAGH!
    Hmmm, decisions, decisions... Asked for shipping and got a nice reply, but I might be getting cold feet... But it's cheaper than my Swamp Thing statue... 

Hi,

It works with both a USB-C/3.5mm cables and Bluetooth.
    Assuming you're interested in Vest Pro on our website. If you'd like to purchase, we'll open Denmark for you. Please let us know.

Sincerely,
    Woojer Support,

Woojer

edited October 11

One difference I see is that the Woojer has 6 bass units while Kor Fx has 2 for the front chest.

I am not completely convinced that you need 4 extra bass units when the Kor FX already pounds my chest quite well when I turn it up.

I don't need every bass hit to feel like I got stuck my a simunition charge!

Really not sure that that is a 600$ difference though.

This pic has him wearing a PC backpack so these guys may be aimed at the entertainment industry hence the higher price tag.

WAAAGH!
    Woojer confirmed that they - in my case - would ship from inside the EU, so there'll be not additional VAT or Customs fees. 

But it seems the Vest ($700) only support stereo input in wireless Bluetooth mode - while using all 8 magnets in full surround will require a tethered connection. I don't mind one cable between me and the rig, but 2 .... I think I'll wait for a better solution. Several companies are looking into haptic vests, no sure it's the right time to buy one now. This also looks interesting:

That's neat but it seems like it would get hot while wearing all of that quite fast.
    WAAAGH!
    Morgrum said:
    That's neat but it seems like it would get hot while wearing all of that quite fast.
    Agreed, knowing that I need like shorts and a t-shirt when entering the VR portal to Asgard's Wrath or Hellsplit, lol.