New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Asgards Wrath: First 20 Minutes Of Gameplay In The Oculus Rift S

vrgamerdudevrgamerdude Posts: 301
Trinity

OK... I will just start off with saying that this is the VR RPG I have been looking for for a long time! Don't get me wrong there are others that are still near and dear to my heart like Karnage Chronicles but this one is special.

As for the game, from what I have seen so far the graphics are great, the animations and characters are amazingly well done, the sound engineering and music are spot on as well as the fact that there is over 40+ hours of game play tucked in there.

Sanzuru has delivered a truly stunning game and I cant wait to see what comes next as I explore more Asgard's Wrath. []-)
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"

Comments

• dburnedburne Posts: 2,711 Valuable Player
    Ok I think I am sold, looks great thanks!
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,724 Valuable Player
    Is this from PAX East or an advance copy?
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,436 Valuable Player
    MowTin said:
    Is this from PAX East or an advance copy?

NDA is lifted, first reviews have arrived - see this thread:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/81179/asgards-wrath-looks-like-a-winner-reviews-impressions
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • MisterBump73MisterBump73 Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    edited October 9
    Does it have smooth turning?

Also, do you know what the download size was? Not the install size, but the actual amount of data to download.
  • ShocksVRShocksVR Posts: 451
    Trinity
    Yes.

i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
    Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale
    Brain Burst
    ShocksVR said:
    Yes.

Excellent, thanks!
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,724 Valuable Player
    edited October 9
    ShocksVR said:
    Yes.

It just keeps getting better. 
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,744 Valuable Player
    Good to hear. I love me a bit of smooth turning.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
    Brain Burst
    Anyone got info on download size?  :#
    Trinity
    They said ~80GB
    i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
  • DuxCroDuxCro Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    I hope Stormland turns out just as good. I'm more into SCI-Fi than fantasy. But i will buy this game 100%
    Brain Burst
    ShocksVR said:
    They said ~80GB
    Ok, that sounds manageable. Still ridiculous, but do-able.
    Trinity
    edited October 10
    ShocksVR said:
    They said ~80GB
    The game textures look really really good (Epic settings).  The large game size is probably because of the ultrahighdef textures.

Yes I've played it and I highly recommend it.
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
    Brain Burst
    ShocksVR said:
    ShocksVR said:
    They said ~80GB
    The game textures look really really good (Epic settings).  The large game size is probably because of the ultrahighdef textures.

Yes I've played it and I highly recommend it.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm super stoked for the game and it's downloading now (77.4Gb btw), but 121Gb install size is pretty silly. I'm sure it looks great, but at the end of the day the game is designed for a display with the pixel resolution of 1440p - and it's not even really that, because it's 1440p but split (therefore repeated) between your two eyes. 4K resolution textures don't usually come in this big in PC games, so why does a game designed for a display much lower than 4K require such high resolution textures?