Hey Guys -
Been a Rift CV1 owner since before the touch controller's release and love it. I'm wishing to upgrade my hardware to improve detail & performance in many titles. Even Oculus Home runs in "Low" without ambient occlusion. My system is custom built (specs below)
but already pretty much at the best CPU for MB so if I go that route, I'd have to replace MB, CPU & RAM
. Love to do that, but adopting a 2nd child so funds are minimal. Overall:
Given my current setup, would you suggest first investing in a new video card (if so, suggestions for best for buck)
or put $ towards new system and replace graphics card in future?Current System Specs
Below are the specs that would count towards performance...
- CPU: Intel Quad Core i7-3770k @ 3.50GHz (OC'd to 4.20GHz)
- RAM: 32gb (x4 - G Skill RipjawsX F3-1600C9-8GXM 8 GB DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM (9-9-9-24 @ 800 MHz))
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
- Graphics Card: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 (4gb DDR5 / GPU Clock: 975 MHz / Memory Clock: 1752 MHz)
- OS: Windows 10 x64 (OS + all drivers up to date)
- Storage: OS installed on SSD & VR Games/Apps installed on different SSD
- VR: Oculus Rift CV1 + Touch Controllers + 3 Sensors (Additional USB3 Card used, too)
Thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!