cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus DK2 on windows 7

IWasWookiee
Honored Guest
Hi
I'm trying to use oculus rift dk2 on a windows 7 system.
I was finally able to use the glasses with the Oculus Legacy Runtime for Windows found in this page.
https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/oculus-runtime-for-windows/
The glasses get detected and I can play the "show demo scene" on the oculus configuration utility, and it plays great.
But I can't seem to figure out how to play a game with them, or watch a movie or something else.
How do I get the game image to the glasses?

Best regards

Wookiee

6 REPLIES 6

MikeF
Trustee
What application are you trying to use? there's not much that will work with the old runtime besides legacy demos from around 2016

IWasWookiee
Honored Guest
Hi
The only thing I have installed is the Oculus Legacy Runtime for Windows.
But I'd like to run games from origin or steam.
What do I have do install to do that?

ohgrant
Superstar
Last I checked my old one was still working with Steam VR. You just need to install Steam VR, about the only other software I can think of that supports the DK2 was Vorpx. It converts many standard 2D games to full VR. You would have to write Ralph at support for an older version that supports Win 7 and DK2 and you will have to block it from updating. Other than those two options, viewing that demo scene with the desk is about all it can do. I would do a search for " VR apps with DK2 support" or something. 
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

IWasWookiee
Honored Guest
Thank, I'll try that.
I will get back to you with the answer.

ohgrant
Superstar
Cool, you will need an X-box controller or Razor Hydra motion controllers to really have control and see what VR is all about. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Razer-Hydra-RZ80-0063-Motion-Controller/233362053718?hash=item3655765a56:g:...
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

IWasWookiee
Honored Guest
I have a logitec rumblepad 2
Isn't that enough?
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?