cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asgard's Wrath Download Issues

AvengedSevenSam
Honored Guest
Hi,

Whenever I try to download Asgard's Wrath, the game just stops downloading when it's at about 20 GB. When I check my SSD, there is a 129GB sized file called ''Staging'', and in it is a file called ''sinzaru games inc wrath. When I try to redownload it, I can't since theres no more room until I remove the Staging file. So when I remove this file, I can download it again but then again the same issue comes. I have 140GB free, but still it says after a couple of minutes downloading that my SSD is completely full.

77 REPLIES 77

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Not sure how this works, maybe starting the download reserves 130GB on your SSD, then it downloads 80GB to the staging folder, which then installs to the 130GB reserved space. If these calculations are right, you'll need at least 210GB to download and install the game. I've read 250-300GB other places, personally I freed up 280GB before starting the download, everything went fine.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

AvengedSevenSam
Honored Guest
You are completely right! I removed a lot of files to get to 220 GB of free space, and now it finally works. It's just completely insane though that almost half of my SSD has to be used for 1 game. Better be worth it...

robert_dodge_37
Explorer
I have had the same issue with Shadow Cloud PC which only has 256Gb of base storage to start with! I deleted everything I could and was showing 158Gb spare and that wasnt enough stopped installing at 23.19Gb due to lack of space. I think the developers and or Oculus need to find a different way of letting owners install something like this unless this is how everything will be in the future? I think the only way to do it is to move the game files to cloud storage then move them over to the cloud pc.

robert_dodge_37
Explorer
I think I may have sorted it out - Save the files for AW to One Drive then transfer them into the files on the cloud PC only the stated 129Gb needed then ! Will update on how it goes.

epred
Honored Guest
I initially had problems buying Asgard as the Windows 10 edge browser didn't seem to want to connect with the credit card provider after entering my oculus pin. I reported that but in the end solved that using safari instead. Now I own it but the past 3 days have tried to download and install it 5 times. It gets to the end of a 75gb download and then fails. I am installing on the d: drive with all the other stuff. It reserves 128Gb in the staging area and seems to d/l it, then juts dumps out. I have over 500Gb free on the drive too. I am not sure which logs to look at if any to find the problem. Everything is up to date on the rift s and oculus app. All the other games are up to dat (I tried that first to see if there was a conflict somewhere). With the problem with website and now with this its not proving a very good experience !

Geerider
Explorer
I sooo want to play Asgards Wrath especially after paying for it but like all above i initially had the space problem cleared 350gb on my SSD then my  anti virus software is blocking the download, I've turned it all off restarted and the message comes up saying my anti virus software is still sopping it!!! :s   :# Can anyone help please !!!!

geebee57
Honored Guest
I am having a similar issue. The download was fine but when I try and install Asgard's Wrath I get a message telling me that  my anti virus software is not allowing the install to take place. I try with my AV software disabled and no go. I even uninstalled my AV software and still got the same message. I contacted Oculus support and they suggested I reinstall the Oculus software. I'm not sure how that would help. I tried renaming the download files so that I could start from scratch with my AV software disabled but my Oculus app still tries to install and gives me the same message.

jjGuardian
Explorer
I've always protected protected my C SSD and moved non essential installs (like Oculus games) to my D
I have 313 Gb available on my C: and 1.94 Tb on my D . This is not a disk space issue. I had just over 2 Tb on D  before I started.
I click the install link on the Asgards Wrath game and it begins a download and I can see it counting up ###/77.## Gb. After that when I click the icon again it offers me the install link again but this time commences installing and counting up the percentage. I watched it go to 100% and then...
The icon gives me the download link again. Clicking that results it counting percentages again.
I've blown away the game related folder in my software\tmp. I've blown away all of the 8700+ files it placed in my staging folder along with the json file for it and then retried. I've restarted this process 5 times!

During my first attempt to install this, it crashed the Oculus client to the desktop and then eventually the crashed components in memory brought my entire machine to a halt. That's when I did a file cleanup an removed ALL of the filed with the same install date. Made no difference.

jjGuardian
Explorer
To start with my C SSD is strictly used for essential software. I put my games like Oculus on D. My C currently has 313 Gb remaining and my D started with a bit over 2 Tb before this install but is down to 1.94 Tb.

The first attempt to install, The Oculus client completely crashed to desktop. The crashed modules in ram eventually froze the entire machine. After the restart I went in and deleted ALL software\TMP folders and files which were all wrath related, I deleted all files and folders in software\Staging, some 8700+ files, all wrath files with today's creation date!!!
I even got rid of the wrath JSON file. I then re-initiated the install.
Watched it count up the percentages to 100% no issue. Then watched it count up the download amount from ##.## Gb / 77.58 Gb and around 30 Gb it stopped and the Oculus software sent Windows a message that it was unable to install the game - It gives no reason why.

The support docs aren't very helpful with this. They have a nuclear bomb approach to technical issues which tells me they have no clue and no interest in understanding the issue. Just reinstall everything, disconnect everything and if that fails get another machine