New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Asgard's Wrath Download Issues

2»

Comments

• TurinTurambarTurinTurambar Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    I have the same problem, but not with AW, but in general with any game. Exactly the logs shows:

[Debug] [09/02/2020 20:32:18] Loaded manifest for 'virtual-human-interaction-lab-coral-compass-fighting-climate-change-in-palau' version code 5
    [Debug] [09/02/2020 20:32:18] Committing changes.
    [Debug] [09/02/2020 20:32:19] Creating NTFS transaction.
    [Debug] [09/02/2020 20:32:19] Computing hash map
    [Debug] [09/02/2020 20:32:19] Committing changes.
    [Debug] [09/02/2020 20:32:19] Number of chunks that need to be downloaded: 526.
    [Warning] [09/02/2020 20:36:26] Oaf requested cancellation: 'Download paused.'.
    [Warning] [09/02/2020 20:36:26] Oaf IPC connection lost!
    [Debug] [09/02/2020 20:36:26] IPC connection destroyed.
    [Debug] [09/02/2020 20:36:26] Exiting with code 42 (ErrorCancelRequested).

See that 4 minutes jump? It was downloading fine for four minutes, then it had the error and cancelle everything. I didn't pause or cancel anything, of course.

• TheRealSpeschTheRealSpesch Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I had the same problem... couldn't download Asgard's Wrath, any other game or app was fine. 

And now I found a fix that works for me!

Volunteer Moderator LZoltowski gave here the hint to try a VPN connection for the download initialization and now I have complete the AW download successfully! I used a VPN nearly my resident country (I live in Germany, I used a Denmark connection) only for the connection establishment and disconnected the VPN after I passed over my critical download point (around 520mb). 

I used my paid VPN service (VPN Unlimited) but any other (free) VPN service should work as well.
  • TurinTurambarTurinTurambar Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    I was going to say the same. I'm trying to download the same app (a doc video thing) and it's failing every time when it reahes 2.7gb downloaded. That seems to indicate the file is CORRUPTED in the Facebook server! In my case, the file comes from  ** edge-oculus-shv-01-mad1.fbcdn.net **
    So with a VPN, you are downloading stuff from another CDN server, instead of the one with the corrupted files.

Of course, the solution is not for users to have to pay a friggin VPN, it's for Oculus to fix their servers, or as a minimum, give a workaround to change download region.
  • Rolli81Rolli81 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited February 10
    So 

I’m also from Germany and read this thread. I try to download Asgard since many hours. I’m trying the VPN thing and I’m almost done with European servers. The furthest it goes is 8.04GB (approx same as without VPN).

it seems that it’s 2 things: corrupted files from wherever you download but also not at the same spots (I spoke about 520MB whilst mine is at 8.04GB)

no idea but that sucks / support also not responding as it’s clear to me there is some people having this problem....

I’m now on a New Zealand VPN..... will keep trying

maybe someone can just send me the whole game ? 
    NerveGear
    Got it solved using the New Zealand VPN until I got above 8GB 

please fix EU Servers 
  • Charlez199Charlez199 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Same thing here.

Staging folder shows content is downloaded, but Oculus software doesn't complete the installation.
    I raised a case on Oculus Technical Support site.  Still waiting...

The OVRLibraryService.Log has limited stuff on Asgard's Wrath, with no sign of any problem :

PS. The game was downloaded through PIA VPN.
    NerveGear
    Hrmm I was able to install the game after the download went through... reads all like massive problems in their System :(
  • haukejan.hasbargenhaukejan.hasbargen Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Didn´t work for me. Used VPN Denmark, New Zealand, US, UK.. i´m also from Germany. Same Problem. Download stopped at 516 MB. With VPN on, i can download 8 gb...any idea?
  • loui100loui100 Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    Didn´t work for me. Used VPN Denmark, New Zealand, US, UK.. i´m also from Germany. Same Problem. Download stopped at 516 MB. With VPN on, i can download 8 gb...any idea?
    Same here :( What the hell Oculus? First the stuttering, now we can't even download games we paid for? This is ridiculous.
  • zainagzainag Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I'm in the US and have been trying to download it now for over 4 hours, stops for me after downloading about 7.8GB. Turned off my AV and Firewall and still no joy.
    Brain Burst
    zainag said:
    I'm in the US and have been trying to download it now for over 4 hours, stops for me after downloading about 7.8GB. Turned off my AV and Firewall and still no joy.
    It's interesting that both Stormland and Asgard's Wrath seem to be affected by the same problem, but Lone Echo for instance downloads without any problems...
    Brain Burst
    edited February 11
    zainag said:

Correction: Lone Echo won't install either (all seem to fail around the 8 gb mark). Oculus can you do something with this??
    NerveGear
    edited February 11
    zainag said:

Just passed 15GB on NZ server via my VPN, fingers crossed this gets me there.
    Brain Burst
    zainag said:
    zainag said:

What VPN are you using? Good luck! (This is ridiculous)
    NerveGear
    loui100 said:
    zainag said:
    zainag said:

NordVPN, yeah this is fucking ridiculous, even EPIC servers are not this bad. Hey Facebook! - you have ONE JOB!

Brain Burst
    zainag said:
    loui100 said:
    zainag said:
    zainag said:

NordVPN, yeah this is fucking ridiculous, even EPIC servers are not this bad. Hey Facebook! - you have ONE JOB!

Huh, I'm using the same, no luck so far with any country, including New Zealand. Can you tell me the number of your server so I can connect to the same? (It shows on the main screen like New Zealand #37 etc. Thanks in advance!
    NerveGear
    loui100 said:
    zainag said:
    loui100 said:
    zainag said:
    zainag said:

Huh, I'm using the same, no luck so far with any country, including New Zealand. Can you tell me the number of your server so I can connect to the same? (It shows on the main screen like New Zealand #37 etc. Thanks in advance!

I'm connected to 52
    Brain Burst
    zainag said:
    loui100 said:
    zainag said:
    loui100 said:
    zainag said:
    zainag said:

I'm connected to 52
    Cheers. I'm on 37 now, have just passed the 8 gb mark, so maybe it will work...
    NerveGear
    loui100 said:
    zainag said:
    loui100 said:
    zainag said:
    loui100 said:
    zainag said:
    zainag said:

I'm connected to 52
    Cheers. I'm on 37 now, have just passed the 8 gb mark, so maybe it will work...

Good to hear I just passed 43GB. Fingers still crossed!
    NerveGear
    Aaaaand finally the install completes. What a terrible experience!
    Brain Burst
    zainag said:
    Aaaaand finally the install completes. What a terrible experience!
    20 gb to go for me, this after 10 hours of trying to install the game. Oculus really needs to up their game, I'm this close to returning my headset and getting the Index. Enjoy the game!
  • haukejan.hasbargenhaukejan.hasbargen Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    philippines did it. 
    NerveGear
    Seriously .... I used Windscribe but let’s make a deal...

if someone gives me Infos on a Webspace I’ll just Zip my actual game and upload it - I really cant believe that they don’t fix the issue.... 130GB wont take long at my speed.... just need a point where to upload it.

i think that would fix many of our problems wouldn’t it ?
  • Charlez199Charlez199 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    After failed installation the game ended like this (image).
    It looks like everything is properly downloaded as I see 129.8Gb and the download is 80Gb, so Oculus uncompressed the game and almost complete the installation.
    Can anybody give me a screen capture of the folder structure (this on was taken in TreeSize) on a machine where Asgard's Wrath is properly installed and working ?  
    If the game is complete, maybe I could just copy everything to the correct location and get it working ?
    Please somebody help. Thx.

• daammondaammon Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    The same problem here. Anyone got a solution?
  • DemonicheroDemonichero Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Are you Serious. Purchaed this game and it keeps telling me that My antivirus is preventing install. Turning it off Still wont allow install. I've tried downloading this 3 times already today.... I read this and see its been going on for months. WTF. Its deffo going to be an Index for my HMD upgrade. Every time i set up my rift something wont work. Im going to try 1 more install to get evedence then process a refund through paypal!!!!
  • redlovedfrredlovedfr Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited March 21
    Hi, same problem here with the new update. I think I'll buy a valve index, I am tired with the oculus problems!!!
  • NeeedlesNeeedles Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    For me it downloads and starts installing, goes to 99% and then starts downloading the whole thing again, over and over. Also get the Antivirus error which is complete nonsense as i have it all turned off. Oculus what the hell !