New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Will the Oculus linked work with a USB 3.1 PCIE card?

BobbyL7BobbyL7 Posts: 4
NerveGear
Hi
So I have a VR ready PC (without a usb 3.0) and wanting to get a oculus quest for the portability and soon the oculus linked. I was wondering if i can get a USB 3.1 PCIE card so I can connect it to an oculus quest through USB 3.1. Or would I have to get a better Gpu that have a USB 3.1. Hopefully someonw could answer my question please.
Tagged:

Comments

• h.r.gargih.r.gargi Posts: 114
    Art3mis
    Your USB 3.0 ports should be fast enough. If you are buying a PCIe Card anyways be aware of one thing: USB 3.1 Gen1 = USB 3.0 (5000MBd , 300 MB/s usable datarate) and USB 3.1 Gen2 (10000MBd, 900 MB/s usable). Since Link will send 150 MB/s your USB 3 with 300 MB/s should be more than enough. 
  • BobbyL7BobbyL7 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited October 12
    Hi thank you so much for the help. I have looked though amazon and there are no pcie card that support video.
    Is it possible to share a link to a good pcie card so I don't buy a bad card. Possibly from amazon or new-egg
  • teastonteaston Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    BobbyL7 said:
    Hi thank you so much for the help. I have looked though amazon and there are no pcie card that support video.
    Is it possible to share a link to a good pcie card so I don't buy a bad card. Possibly from amazon or new-egg
    Any USB3 card should do.
  • BobbyL7BobbyL7 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    OK thanks so much for the help.