cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Support for Asgard's Wrath Crashing

JackDiddley
Protege

Is there any customer support for Asgard's Wrath?  I can watch loading screens like a champion, once the game starts it blacks out and crashes.
I have done everything I can think of and just cant get the game to work.  I enjoyed the little bit I got to play but at this point Asgard's Wrath from my point of view is just a loading screen that leads to frustration.
Any help would be appreciated.

14 REPLIES 14

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Your specs?

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

JackDiddley
Protege
Hp Omen 870-224
7th Generation i5-7400 processor
8gb DDR4-2133 SDRAM
Nvida Geforce RTX 2070 8gb
Oculus Rift S

jyngrehl
Honored Guest
I've got the same issue as Jack Diddley.  I have 3 High-End PC's, 1 for Oculus, 1 for Oculus rift and one for HTC vive.  Asgard's Wrath crashes on all 3 computers after choosing your sex.  Oldest pc AMD FX9590 on a crosshair v formula z 32 gigs mem using an NVidia Geforce gtx 1080.  The newest build is an I9 7980xe onn aa pmme x299 deluxe 32 gigs of mem using an NVidia Geforce gtx 1080 ti.  

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Asgard's Wrath has been rock solid on my rig, I'm using Forceware 417.71 - Nvidia has recommended 436.48 for Asgard's Wrath though. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

JackDiddley
Protege
I always download and install most current driver.  436.48 is what I have now.  I wouldn't know how to change the driver.

I did a system test, it says my graphics is running at 106%, the only thing off is my boot drive is located on a mechanical or hybrid drive.

I have no idea what that means or if it would effect the performance of this game.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Read on Oculus Reddit that some had problems with the latest drivers, in your situation I'd try to change to 417.71 and see if it helps, you can always go back to the latest driver. You should be able to find 417.71 on Nvidia.com.

I just played Asgard's Wrath for another 2 hours, still rock solid.

JackDiddley
Protege
It's worth a try.  Thanks for the tip 

ArBuuren
Honored Guest
Hello! I have issues installing Asgard's Wrath on my PC.
System: Intel Core i5 6600K
Nvidia Geforce GTX1070 Zotac
16GB Memory

Oculus installer crashes by 100% of an "optimation" update on the end of stage 1.
I tryed to install in manualy but it did not work.

ewapo2
Honored Guest
I have the rtx 1060 and cam seem to find any previous drivers