New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Controller tracking issue

I got my rift s one month ago and i used to play with it having a wonderful time.but these days i found that there are some problem with my controller. it often stuck right under my headset. and the view of the headset become strange. i can look around but when i try to move forward and backward,the headset can't detect my movement.
i have already tried all the ways i searched on the internet but none of them worked.
i changed the power option,reinstalled the Oculus home and installed the preview edition,update all of the dirvers,tried all usb 3/3.1 prots and all dp ports on my computer.
now i m reinstalling Windows10 to see if it works...
hoping someone can help me 
Tagged:

Answers

• TomGur2001TomGur2001 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the same issue, and I can't figure out how to fix it... did you manage to fix so far? 
  • BrotherO4BrotherO4 Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    same issue and it only happens in steam VR. open the same game in oculus and have zero problem..its almost like they trying to force you onto their platform.
  • Prototype_APrototype_A Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    BrotherO4 said:
    same issue and it only happens in steam VR. open the same game in oculus and have zero problem..its almost like they trying to force you onto their platform.
    i found that the problem only happens when i useing streaming softwares like obs while playing beatsaber. the controller work perfectly in other games like Forest and Rise of the Tome Rider. and when i reinstalled the windows and the controller worked perfectly again.
  • xondkxondk Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I have the same issue as well, it loses tracking on controllers and takes quite a few seconds to lock it back in, despite controller being right in front of me, even when i'm looking directly at it.
    Incredibly frustrating and happens quite randomly, in process of talk with oculus so far, nothing has helped so far, the controller tracking stops, and it only has 3 dof, and tries to reposition the controller seemingly randomly, meaning it ends up an entire different place then expected.
    It happened after the 1.41 update.
  • Prototype_APrototype_A Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    xondk said:
    I have the same issue as well, it loses tracking on controllers and takes quite a few seconds to lock it back in, despite controller being right in front of me, even when i'm looking directly at it.
    Incredibly frustrating and happens quite randomly, in process of talk with oculus so far, nothing has helped so far, the controller tracking stops, and it only has 3 dof, and tries to reposition the controller seemingly randomly, meaning it ends up an entire different place then expected.
    It happened after the 1.41 update.
    I have solve the problem by useing a PCIE to USB card. For me it seemsolve to be a compatibility problem between Oculus and my AMD chipset motherboard. I hope this message can help you .