New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S / Rift 1.42 Release Rolling Out Now

ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 152 Oculus Staff
Dash
  • We have added a new search feature within the Dash Store tab. This will allow you to more quickly find the games and apps you’re looking for.
Home
  • When you drop into Home for the first time, you’ll now see a new brief overview of the features and potential of Oculus Home.
  • We added a new toggle for automatically launching Home. Switching this setting off will stop Home from auto-launching in scenarios like jumping into VR and exiting out of apps. You can find this option within the Settings > General menu inside Oculus desktop app.
  • We have added a new agreement to the UGC upload process. Before a new UGC item can be uploaded for use, you are required to attest that you own this content and that it does not violate any trademarks.

If you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
«13

Comments

  • firefighter841firefighter841 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    When are you going to fix the orange exclamation marks when pulling apps out?
  • DuxCroDuxCro Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    edited October 17
       Concentric circles appeared in my oculus home after the update. Non existent in any other game or steam home, videos...anything other than Oculus home. Started after this update. Rift S

  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,207
    Wintermute
    edited October 17
    Rift or Rift S? Is it in both eyes or only one?
    I didn't see it in my Rift.

    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • MikeFMikeF Posts: 737
    Neo
    looks like FFR judging by the drop in resolution with each ring
  • cercatacercata Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    edited October 17
    MikeF said:
    looks like FFR judging by the drop in resolution with each ring
    Makes sense, they try it first in home, before making it available on the API ...

    The forest on the left of this image is less detailed than the one in the right:




  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,462
    Project 2501
    As my Rift cv1 is now taking advantage of 1.42's Homeless option I don't think I ever need to worry about the Home forests/trees, lol!  Maybe an issue for Oculus Home lovers though.  Hopefully Oculus Support can explain this.

    Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

  • DuxCroDuxCro Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    Richooal said:
    Rift or Rift S? Is it in both eyes or only one?
    I didn't see it in my Rift.

    Rift S. I see it through both eyes. But as you can see it is concentrated on the left side. First i was afraid that i somehow damaged the lenses. But this is not present in anything else than oculus home
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,207
    Wintermute
    cercata said:
    MikeF said:
    looks like FFR judging by the drop in resolution with each ring
    Makes sense, they try it first in home, before making it available on the API ...



    This is not a PTC release though, this is the live release. Nothing was mentioned about FFR in the PTC version.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • MikeFMikeF Posts: 737
    Neo
    edited October 17
    i've noticed ffr in home for at least a month or so even on a cv1. Just look in your lens peripherals its easy to see
  • dan108dan108 Posts: 179
    Art3mis
    edited October 17
    Devs does this firmware solve this problem please? https://steamcommunity.com/app/496240/discussions/0/1638669204754467538/

    It's caused by a bug in oculus firmware (not related to the game, check the examples they post it's even in the dash).

  • sleiN13sleiN13 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm getting a "Fatal error: Dash encountered fatal error. please pres any button to reload dash to continue" when I'm disconnected from the internet. Reloading dash doesn't solve the issue. The error is drawn/shown in all programs in front of all the content. It also moves when I move my head. Basically making everything unplayable.
  • ruiyingruiying Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    sleiN13 said:
    I'm getting a "Fatal error: Dash encountered fatal error. please pres any button to reload dash to continue" when I'm disconnected from the internet. Reloading dash doesn't solve the issue. The error is drawn/shown in all programs in front of all the content. It also moves when I move my head. Basically making everything unplayable.
    same problem here. Any fix? thanks
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,462
    Project 2501
    I thought you needed to be connected to the internet initially to use Oculus Home/Dash so that you can login to your Oculus account.  After that you can go offline but you will be limited to the apps you already have in your library, and only ones that do not need an internet connection.  Also, offline you may be able to just use your Oculus desktop app and select a game from your library.

    Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

  • ruiyingruiying Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    TomCgcmfc said:
    I thought you needed to be connected to the internet initially to use Oculus Home/Dash so that you can login to your Oculus account.  After that you can go offline but you will be limited to the apps you already have in your library, and only ones that do not need an internet connection.  Also, offline you may be able to just use your Oculus desktop app and select a game from your library.
    We've been using Rift offline all the time, for developing mainly. After updated to 1.42, the software refused to let us use the headset (Rift s) without internet access (and we have no internet access in our lab)

  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,462
    Project 2501
    ruiying said:
    TomCgcmfc said:
    I thought you needed to be connected to the internet initially to use Oculus Home/Dash so that you can login to your Oculus account.  After that you can go offline but you will be limited to the apps you already have in your library, and only ones that do not need an internet connection.  Also, offline you may be able to just use your Oculus desktop app and select a game from your library.
    We've been using Rift offline all the time, for developing mainly. After updated to 1.42, the software refused to let us use the headset (Rift s) without internet access (and we have no internet access in our lab)

    I just tried this with 1.42 (using the homeless option btw) and I found that I needed to initially connect to the internet or it would not work (= fatal Dash error).  Once it started up I could go offline and everything seemed to work fine.

    If you were able to startup offline but now you cannot, you should start a ticket with Oculus Support, including sending them your logfiles.  Good luck.

    Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,931 Volunteer Moderator
    TomCgcmfc said:
    If you were able to startup offline but now you cannot, you should start a ticket with Oculus Support, including sending them your logfiles.  Good luck.
    Please also provide feedback directly through the Oculus desktop app's feedback mechanism.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • ruiyingruiying Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    TomCgcmfc said:
    ruiying said:
    TomCgcmfc said:
    I thought you needed to be connected to the internet initially to use Oculus Home/Dash so that you can login to your Oculus account.  After that you can go offline but you will be limited to the apps you already have in your library, and only ones that do not need an internet connection.  Also, offline you may be able to just use your Oculus desktop app and select a game from your library.
    We've been using Rift offline all the time, for developing mainly. After updated to 1.42, the software refused to let us use the headset (Rift s) without internet access (and we have no internet access in our lab)

    I just tried this with 1.42 (using the homeless option btw) and I found that I needed to initially connect to the internet or it would not work (= fatal Dash error).  Once it started up I could go offline and everything seemed to work fine.

    If you were able to startup offline but now you cannot, you should start a ticket with Oculus Support, including sending them your logfiles.  Good luck.
    Thanks TomCgcmfc
    I've been talking with support team, and did some restart computer, uninstall, delete user data, update graphics driver from 436.30 to 436.48 then re-install, 
    everything stays the same.
     
    as you said, it works fine while start online and then go offline (1.42) 
    I was able to startup offline before this update
  • ruiyingruiying Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    nalex66 said:
    TomCgcmfc said:
    If you were able to startup offline but now you cannot, you should start a ticket with Oculus Support, including sending them your logfiles.  Good luck.
    Please also provide feedback directly through the Oculus desktop app's feedback mechanism.
    ...this issue occurs offline only
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,050 Valuable Player
    So what gives?  This so called "update" came out a week ago almost and nothing.  Usually only take 48 hrs.  You guys forget to feed the hamsters again?  LOL!!!!
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,462
    Project 2501
    Ya, I did a repair a couple days ago and it still went to 1.41.  I had to opt into beta for 1.42 and homeless bliss.

    Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

  • FangzhouFangzhou Posts: 45
    Brain Burst
    Yesterday I tried to play Beat Saber (which is my first time after update to 1.42) and left controller freeze in air several times. The controller just stop moving for several seconds. 
    I am not sure is this a Rift S problem or Steam VR problem, but I just submit the log to help investigation anyway. 
  • ShiiShii Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    TomCgcmfc said:
    As my Rift cv1 is now taking advantage of 1.42's Homeless option I don't think I ever need to worry about the Home forests/trees, lol!
    Home forest is just a flat skybox btw. I fell outside of Home couple of times and it became very apparent.
    Intel Core i7-7700K, Asus ROG Strix Z270E Gaming, 32Gb RAM, MSI RTX 2080 8Gb Gaming X Trio
  • ThomasphoenixThomasphoenix Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    is it a staggered rollout? I haven't received it. 
  • ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 152 Oculus Staff
    is it a staggered rollout? I haven't received it. 

    As explained in our FAQ, we always roll out our software releases gradually and monitor the progress as we roll out. This allows us to identify if we need to make minor changes or fix issues. If you're anxious to try out the new 1.42 features, you're welcome to opt into the PTC while the team keeps working getting 1.42 out to everyone.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,050 Valuable Player
    is it a staggered rollout? I haven't received it. 

    As explained in our FAQ, we always roll out our software releases gradually and monitor the progress as we roll out. This allows us to identify if we need to make minor changes or fix issues. If you're anxious to try out the new 1.42 features, you're welcome to opt into the PTC while the team keeps working getting 1.42 out to everyone.
    Perhaps but none have ever taken this long. 
  • ThomasphoenixThomasphoenix Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I did opt for the beta channel, I would say it's improved my Rift S in my specific usage. 
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,462
    Project 2501
    Quick question.  The new homeless works well but if I accidentally hit the home icon on Dash my old home environment pops up again and I don’t seem to get rid of it unless I exit the Oculus desktop app and restart it.  Maybe I’m missing something? Thanks.

    Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

  • ruiyingruiying Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    TomCgcmfc said:
    Quick question.  The new homeless works well but if I accidentally hit the home icon on Dash my old home environment pops up again and I don’t seem to get rid of it unless I exit the Oculus desktop app and restart it.  Maybe I’m missing something? Thanks.
    same here, once it is on you won't be able to get rid of it...unless restart the app. I tried every button...unless perhaps there is a button combo...to close it
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,207
    Wintermute
    TomCgcmfc said:
    Quick question.  The new homeless works well but if I accidentally hit the home icon on Dash my old home environment pops up again and I don’t seem to get rid of it unless I exit the Oculus desktop app and restart it.  Maybe I’m missing something? Thanks.

    Same here, you're not missing something.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,462
    Project 2501
    ruiying said:
    TomCgcmfc said:
    Quick question.  The new homeless works well but if I accidentally hit the home icon on Dash my old home environment pops up again and I don’t seem to get rid of it unless I exit the Oculus desktop app and restart it.  Maybe I’m missing something? Thanks.
    same here, once it is on you won't be able to get rid of it...unless restart the app. I tried every button...unless perhaps there is a button combo...to close it
    Thanks, good to know it's not just me, lol!

    The homeless function should be something you should be able to go in/out of.  Oh well, maybe 1.43 will have this, who knows.  No real big deal for me I'm able to avoid hitting that little house icon most of the time.

    Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

Sign In or Register to comment.