New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How to play steam games on Oculus Quest

SpeckTonixSpeckTonix Posts: 5
NerveGear
How do I play Steam games on the Oculus Quest? I just paid $400 for this and I cant play games like blade and sorcery!

Comments

• SpeckTonixSpeckTonix Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    please help?
  • vargabloodvargablood Posts: 38
    Brain Burst
    edited October 17
    You need Oculus Link and a specified USB3(3.1) cable to play Steamvr or oculus pc games otb on quest, oculus link will be released somewhere in november....
    At the moment oculus quest is a standalone ARM android unit who can play only "native" build apps.
    Some 3rd party apps should be able to stream steamvr games to your quest now but experience will depend on your wifi performance and expectations...
    If you prefer to play only pc vr games try to return it and get a rift s instead.
  • A10PilotA10Pilot Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Hang in there a few more weeks and you can do that connected to your PC like a rift. Right now, the way to do it is to either use ALVR or Virtual Desktop (side load an update for it to work with SteamVR) and stream it to your Quest over wifi. It works fairly well if you know what you are doing with your router and can configure it correctly. It has to be 5GHz as well. I personally am very excited for the Link software update since I prefer the OLED of the Quest to the Rift series.