cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Headphones, instead of onboard Speakers.

CozyBTW
Honored Guest
So I am planning on getting a Rift S in the near future. I have seen some videos, where they show, that you can use your own Headphones, instead of the onboard Speakers, but they all use the Headphone Jack, that is on the Rift S. I currently have a Corsair HS70, and I am wondering, if I can disable the Speakers of the Rift S, and put my Headphones over the Headset. If that works. The Rift S is as good as bought. Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

3dVRlots
Honored Guest
You can absolutely do this!

My old Rift headphones broke, so I bought an awesome wireless headphone set.  I had to learn about sound settings in windows.  Right click the speaker in your tray, select sounds, then select the playback tab.  Disable the sound output (Oculus)to everything but your wireless headphones.  I think you can leave speakers.  You can do the same for the microphone in the Recording tab. 

I loved this so much that I kept it when I upgraded to the Rift S.  Sound is such an important part of immersion.

CozyBTW
Honored Guest

3dVRlots said:

You can absolutely do this!

My old Rift headphones broke, so I bought an awesome wireless headphone set.  I had to learn about sound settings in windows.  Right click the speaker in your tray, select sounds, then select the playback tab.  Disable the sound output (Oculus)to everything but your wireless headphones.  I think you can leave speakers.  You can do the same for the microphone in the Recording tab. 

I loved this so much that I kept it when I upgraded to the Rift S.  Sound is such an important part of immersion.

Ok. Thank you.