cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asgards Wrath - textures exact same low-high? Any fix?

TheBaltar
Honored Guest
hey everyone,

so i started asgards wrath and im running into a weird problem - the low medium and high settings all have the exact same textures, and theyre bad - like nintendo 64 muddy colored staircases and just blank walls... if i go to Ultra the textures pop in and they look great - but i cant run the game on ultra with the textures + shadows and everything else that comes with ultra... 

is anyone experiencing the same problem with the textures for low-medium-high being the exact same?  is there anyway to implement the ultra textures but keep everything else at low or medium settings?

thanks for any help and thanks for taking the time to read my issue.  take care!
12 REPLIES 12

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Textures are ultra-sharp on my system on Low-Medium-High-Epic. Note there's no Ultra detail setting in Asgard's Wrath, it's called Epic.

The game may need a video card with 6 or 8GB of video ram - and 16GB of system ram, what are your specs?

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

SplinterSM
Honored Guest

SAME ISSUE PLEASE HELP!! The high graphics textures look like they should in arena only??

To be clear the Low-High texture setting looks the exact same, unless i got to the arena where i can see what High graphics is supposed to look like, looks great and runs smooth as butter, but outside of arena Low-High graphics all looks like low. please help! 

i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60 Ghz 16.0 GB ram NIDIA GetForce 1060 3GB (Oculus) Win 10

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

SAME ISSUE PLEASE HELP!! The high graphics textures look like they should in arena only??

To be clear the Low-High texture setting looks the exact same, unless i got to the arena where i can see what High graphics is supposed to look like, looks great and runs smooth as butter, but outside of arena Low-High graphics all looks like low. please help! 

i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60 Ghz 16.0 GB ram NIDIA GetForce 1060 3GB (Oculus) Win 10

My best guess is that you'll need at least 6GB video ram for this game. The levels are large to reduce loading, but that may place quite the burden on your video card having to hold many GB of textures. 8GB of video ram are officially recommended for the game, 3GB are way lower than recommended.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

SplinterSM
Honored Guest
I've herd that before but I don't think that's the case, otherwise Ultra setting would be low texture as well, its only Low-High, ultra still give me good textures

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

I've herd that before but I don't think that's the case, otherwise Ultra setting would be low texture as well, its only Low-High, ultra still give me good textures

Or try the 436.48 (or newer) drivers - or 417 (the driver I'm using - I've got no texture problems). 
A patch may arrive soon, maybe that'll help too. 

SplinterSM
Honored Guest
display drivers are already updated

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

display drivers are already updated

But sometimes it can help to downgrade - but there're no guarantees. Surely the devs didn't use 436.48 when they made the game, but older drivers. 

MowTin
Expert Trustee
Isn't it really difficult these days to  tell the difference between low, medium, high, and ultra settings without a side by side comparison? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7ierrbUWZM
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

SOMMER-VR
Explorer
I have the exact same problem on a 1060-maxq 3gb card in my Lenovo Legion i5-7th gen...

I can run on epic textures and lowest resolution pretty well, but I would prefer to run super smooth on low setting without all the advanced lighting etc but with nice textures. The alternative is no textures at all right now and it looks horrible..

A strange thing is that if I run at half resolution my low-mid-high-epic all work correctly in the world tree location but nowhere else it seems. Even the textures in the menu are horrible unless epic setting.

I have tried many different versions of nvidia along with trying to adjust the settings in the nvidia software but nothing help. Have never had this problem with any other game...

its kinda like the fortnite no texture videos on YouTube ... looks horrible but the game is great anyways but please try to fix it.