New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

problem with gestures on the left controller

HeadEggHeadEgg Posts: 1
NerveGear
I've been using my Oculus Rift S for not even a month now and I've encountered a problem with the left controller starting today, when i try to place my thumb on the joystick it doesn't register i have done so and doesn't do the corresponding gesture. the right controller however works fine

I've searched online for an answer, in which i found a guide on how to fix it via editing the touch calibration file but when i go to look for the file the folder is completely empty even when everything is shown

I've also done other things such as reinstalling the oculus setup, cleaning the joystick just in case if something was interfering and restarted my PC multiple times

i'm not sure whether its a problem with the controller, the empty touch calibration file or the oculus itself but i'm hoping to find a solution 

Answers

• OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 350 Oculus Staff
    Hey @HeadEgg, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your left controller. The steps you found are likely for the original Rift Touch controller and not the Rift S controllers. Please contact support at https://support.oculus.com so we can help you with this. Thanks! -Rick
  • Skipper876Skipper876 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Try going through the initial setup again, or replace the batteries. If that all fails I’m afraid you’ll have to buy a replacement.