New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Asus ROG Zephyrus G GA502 compatibility to Rift S

RaggyNagRaggyNag Posts: 1
NerveGear
 I just received my Rift S to find that I don't have the display port needed. The adapter the Oculus comes with also will not work with my pc. I'm unsure if the HDMI port or if my USB C will work using an adapter. 
Tagged:

Comments

• BaconicBaconic Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    RaggyNag said:
     I just received my Rift S to find that I don't have the display port needed. The adapter the Oculus comes with also will not work with my pc. I'm unsure if the HDMI port or if my USB C will work using an adapter. 
    got the same problem, don't know what to do...
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 967
    3Jane
    edited November 29
    RaggyNag said:

Baconic said:
    RaggyNag said:
    got the same problem, don't know what to do...
    If you do not have a Display Port (or MiniDP) on your graphics card, the only solution is to upgrade your GPU to one that:
    A: Is powerful enough to run the Rift S (even a 1660 will work well enough)
    B: Has at least one DP/MiniDP on board. (I'm uncertain of USB C compatibility, but may be possible - someone will surely come along and confirm/deny)

If you are unable to do the above, the only other option is to return the Rift S as your PC's are not compatible in its current configuration as some form of DP or other non-HDMI passthrough is a requirement.
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, MSI MPG X570 Edge, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, KFA2 RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Antec Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15.1 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD)