New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Is my processor a problem?

F0xyBGF0xyBG Posts: 2
NerveGear
So I have ran the test for the oculus rift and it says that everything is OK except for my OS and my processor. I did some research and it says that it still supports Windows 7.But I was wondering if me having an AMD FX6300 processor will stop me from playing any games in VR. I mean it is kind of old but it's a very good processor with which I run every AAA game on the market right now (or at least the ones I have played) 

Comments

• kojackkojack Posts: 5,639 Volunteer Moderator
    One of the big things is whether SSE 4.2 is supported.
    Apparently the FX6300 does have 4.2, so I believe it should run.
    I don't know how well though (never had one). :)

Win7 is a potential problem. The Rift minimum spec is Windows 10. I know people earlier this year couldn't run the Rift on Win 7, I don't know if that was ever fixed.

• F0xyBGF0xyBG Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited October 26
    kojack said:
    One of the big things is whether SSE 4.2 is supported.
    Apparently the FX6300 does have 4.2, so I believe it should run.
    I don't know how well though (never had one). :)

Win7 is a potential problem. The Rift minimum spec is Windows 10. I know people earlier this year couldn't run the Rift on Win 7, I don't know if that was ever fixed.

Thank you! I didn't know what a processor needed in order to run VR.
    But for the windows part In the post you gave it says that for the rift s and i'm getting the rift. As i said in my post it said that the windows 7 version still works but they're updating the minimal specs to windows 10 because as we all know windows 7 is going to stop being supported by microsoft.