New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

What Are You Going To Play On Halloween..?

snowdogsnowdog Posts: 8,053 Valuable Player
Steam's Halloween Sale starts on 28th October and the Rift Halloween Sale started the other day.

For me it's going to be:

Dreadhalls (as usual lol)
Alien Isolation VR Mod
Five Nights At Freddy's: Help Wanted VR

And I might squeeze in a bit of Doom 3 BFG VR Mod too if I get time and have enough clean underwear to change into after playing those 3 games above. :D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Comments

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 7,100 Valuable Player
    edited October 2019
    I bought this game last year - or was it 2017? So far not me, not my 11-year old son (who finished Five Nights at Freddy's VR with few problems) nor some of the other kids from his class - so far none have entered the mansion  o:)

But there's been a lot of peeping at the carpet just inside  o:)

I've nearly gone inside. Then I started thinking, what could I possibly gain from going inside? Why would I go inside?  :#

This year I feel fit - might put 1 foot on the carpet! 

Love the reviews  <3>:)

"The most unpleasant experience of my life. 10/10"

"Most intensive experience i had playing anything, almost ♥♥♥♥ my self several times during the few minutes that i can play this before going to bed to have nightmares, fortunately i have a baby in the house so diapers is not a issue.
    You are thinking now...what a ♥♥♥♥♥, im not affraid of anything...the only answer i have for you...you have been warned!"

"Best horror game or experience I have played in the genre. Though this experiences is short it makes up in quality for the price, Graphics are A1 it's so immersive that you feel like you actually in the house."

"Affected: The Manor has to be the best VR horror game made it is so well done and is absolutely scary it's just amazing. There are so many and I mean MANY absolute ♥♥♥♥ horror games out there but this one is the needle in the haystack a gem in the mine baby!"

"This game has the most immersive sound and graphics I have ever seen inside VR yet. Unfortunately, the game or experience however you put it, is RIDICULOUSLY scary. It has great tension like a chair in a room and paranormal activity, has better scares then paranormal activity, and you feel completely helpless when your flashlight goes out. 
    I seriously ♥♥♥♥ my pants, and I only made it .3 hours so far.
    Gonna have to go to walmart for some brown pants before I continue."
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 8,016 Valuable Player
    I'll be playing LA Noire flat screen, but I might wear a witches hat while I'm playing.
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,357 Valuable Player
    As horrific as it sounds. I think this year we're going to play let's all turn-up at Snowdog's place and clean him out of beers, food etc. Ok with that snowy? At least you'll get the "help wanted" with 5 Nights.

System Specs: ASUS NVIDIA RTX 3090 TUF GAMING OC 24GB , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,859 Volunteer Moderator
    And @Shadowmask72 has promised to turn up in his witches outfit and I'll be in my zombie nurse outfit ;)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 16,808 Valuable Player
    edited October 2019
    I'm hosting a Horror VR party for Halloween. I have several lined up:
    • 5 Nights at Freddy's
    • Elevator Ritual
    • Affected the Manor
    • Face Your Fears
    • Ritchie's Plan Experience (Horror Mode)
    • Dreadhalls

I actually purchased "Doors of Silence" yesterday in preparation for the party. But I issued a Refund request because it is not a very good horror experience.

I'll be scanning the Oculus Store one more time for anything new I can add.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 8,053 Valuable Player
    As horrific as it sounds. I think this year we're going to play let's all turn-up at Snowdog's place and clean him out of beers, food etc. Ok with that snowy? At least you'll get the "help wanted" with 5 Nights.

Well that won't take long, I'm not drinking anymore so got no beer anywhere near my flat  :D

Plus I have Georgie Porgie, my guard cat! She's bloody viscous  B)
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Zenbane said:
    I'm hosting a Horror VR party for Halloween. I have several lined up:
    • 5 Nights at Freddy's
    • Elevator Ritual
    • Affected the Manor
    • Face Your Fears
    • Ritchie's Plan Experience (Horror Mode)
    • Dreadhalls

I actually purchased "Doors of Silence" yesterday in preparation for the party. But I issued a Refund request because it is not a very good horror experience.

I'll be scanning the Oculus Store one more time for anything new I can add.

Get Monstrum if you haven't got it already. It's procedurally generated so will be different every time someone plays.

I just bought Face Your Fears 2. Going to check out Monstrum as well!
    Just screamed my arse off in Story Mode with Face Your Fears 2. Going to give my anxiety a break and try Monstrum tomorrow.

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,357 Valuable Player
    Well yes I actually look great in this outfit so I am told. Maybe just as well you have no alcohol on the premises. Wouldn't want any wandering hands.

System Specs: ASUS NVIDIA RTX 3090 TUF GAMING OC 24GB , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
    Thank god @Shadowmask72 isn't going to upstage me ;)

A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

edited October 2019
    Hmmmm, I think Snowdog needs to try this ... first  o:)  Somehow it makes Dreadhalls look like a comedy for toddlers  >:)

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

More here:

Hmmm .... n-i-c-e  >:)

I tried P.T. a while back, Dreadhalls and Alien Isolation VR Mod are still the scariest VR games out there imo.

I totally forgot about Face Your Fears 2! Going to buy that next week too!

snowdog said:
    I totally forgot about Face Your Fears 2! Going to buy that next week too!

I found a glitch during one of the puzzles in the story, The Investigation. There are 2 Story Modes that are really fun. Hopefully the dev's can update it soon to remedy any minor bugs.
    Kobold is on sale for just $3 right now (70% off, 4GB download), looks awesome, I just bought it:

edited October 2019
    Kobold is awesome, really great graphics - should have tested this game long before today. Awesome Touch tutorial. Also I get solid 90 fps ss 2.0 CV1. And you need oled for this game.

Just one issue  :# This game feels even more scary than Affected The Manor  :D

There're many things I'd love to do in life, playing Kobold using CV1 and all lights turned off in the room isn't one of them :D  

Played like 5 minutes, watched a movie in the house and couldn't stop thinking that something was staring at me, then I got the great idea of playing Asgard's Wrath instead  o:):blush:

edited October 2019
    Hmmmm, not sure this increased my motivation for playing Kobold, lol:

"The kobold (occasionally cobold) is a sprite stemming from Germanic mythology and surviving into modern times in German folklore. Although usually invisible, a kobold can materialize in the form of an animal, fire, a human being, and a candle."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobold

Not sure they look like ... candles... 

Image result for kobold scary

Now we know what they are, there's probably no reason to fear such Kobolds ... anymore ... at all ... at night ... alone with a flashlight ... :#  

The game was made in Germany - just like BMW and Mercedes-Benz ;) Quality shines in Kobold, some reactions:

- btw, maybe this dude had too much coffee, at least he seems extremely motivated, but he gets the message through:

He certainly isn't getting "maximum graphics" using CV1 unless he turned up ss to 2.0, lol (but maybe he did, I didn't watch more than a few minutes). Also I think I had many more settings - he's likely playing an early version. There's smooth turning in the game, head bobbing (can be turned off), ability to crouch, full locomotion etc. 

Does feel like a $20 VR game that the devs are now selling for scraps:

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/2124641230881553/?locale=en_US

Games is rated 4.2/5 (84%) in the Oculus Store based on 93 ratings and 9/10 on Steam (95 ratings).

Maybe one of the best VR horror games for Halloween? - Although it's not funny like Five Nights at Freddy's. 

Not for me ta !!!

edited October 2019
    Techy111 said:

Not for me ta !!!

I was especially counting on you completing the game and debriefing the rest of us - you know, like where scary stuff is, what to look out for - I already did the first 5 minutes for you, come on!  :D   

I think Oculus Volunteers should be the first to check out if the game is safe for the rest of Oculus' devoted followers  o:) 

You forget, I see dead people for a living and there is no way I'm going to scare myself for fun dammit  :D

• WildtWildt Posts: 2,297 Valuable Player
    Scream Fortress XI of course.
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
  • avensis18avensis18 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Scream Fortress XI is a good game to relax, this game is perfect. A good server, a fun map, buddies and you are not close to bored.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 4,306 Valuable Player
    I will probably grab Affected: The Manor after reading some comments on it in here.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • WildtWildt Posts: 2,297 Valuable Player
    Just started playing RE7 on PSVR. Pretty creepy stuff! 
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
    dburne said:
    I will probably grab Affected: The Manor after reading some comments on it in here.

I'd love a debriefing about what happens beyond the first two rooms - I consider being inside the Manor much like visiting the Chernobyl reactor - I don't stay for long each time :blush:

And do try Kobold - it's definitely a CV1 game, tried it using Index and textures looked much more lowres and dull. Love how the CV1 SDE can fool my brain to experience much better textures. Blacks were actually nice on the Index though.

• ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 301
    Trinity
    DarkDays is a great escape room type scarefest! played it about 10 months ago, and thought it was really quite good. free too IIRC!
    RIFT CV1
    RIFT S
    Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
    DarkDays is a great escape room type scarefest! played it about 10 months ago, and thought it was really quite good. free too IIRC!

I loved that game! Really spooky in places!