cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using an SSD external with Asgards Wrath

morningland
Protege
I have always played my VR games off the HD drive on my computer since the SSD doesn't have enough space.  I've never had any kind of issues whatsoever with any of the games.  My computer is about a year old, has a decent Graphics card (a 1070 I think),16 gigs of ram and an i7 Processor

Asgards wrath did not play well at all.  There was a lot of stuttering causing motion sickness (I NEVER get sick in VR) and the game freezes for a second if I turn my head to quick. It is just unplayable where it is now

I have two questions....

1. Given that every other VR game works find could the issue be that I am not playing this game on an SSD?  If so why would this game have trouble and others don't?  Is it because of it's 130 gig file size?
2. Should I just buy an SSD external and try to play all my games on an SSD even if I haven't seen issues with playing them on the normal HD?  Would the games in theory play better on an SSD if I have had issues before?
3. If I do get an SSD external, can I move games I want to play to my SSD but still but games I am not playing in the HD for storage?  I don't think I can afford to buy a large enough SSD to hold all my games.  I'm thinking i would move a couple games to the smaller external SSD I have now while I save up

Thanks for your help.  If you need my computer specs I can grab them, I'm just away from it at this time
1 REPLY 1

MowTin
Expert Trustee
Does you mb support M.2 drives? I just bought a 1TB M.2 for about $160. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2