cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackscreen after a few sconds because of Display Port Cable

alex_higher
Explorer
Hi,
im trying to set up my Rift S properly so i dont haver to carry my Pc around my flat.
I ordered a Usb 3.0 extension Cable (Produced from amazon) wich is working fine.
My Problem is the DP cable wich is giving me blackscreens and only sound. 
When i plug everything in and put the Oculus on my head it renders the grid from the beginning and the 3 Dots loading sign. After that it just turn off and i hear just the loading sound. I have googled a lot Since i got the Headset on wednesday but i havent found a good solution. I hope anyone can help me.

Alex
4 REPLIES 4

sithvrix
Honored Guest
Contact support, I hope they can fix your issue, I am having the same issue with one of my computers, they have not been abel to fix it, I really think is a compatiblity issue but they don't care or try to research more about it, I only kept mine because I can use it on my laptop without a problem.

alex_higher
Explorer
Yeah they are not really helpful all they suggest summed up is that i replug the cables and restart my pc. 
I justr bought a new cable wich will arrive next week i think if i get anything to work i will report back.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I received a new cable, display port issue went away, now when I touch the headset it goes black and I can't re-enter without restarting everything.

alex_higher
Explorer
A new cable for the Oculus? or like a new extension cable?