New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Black Screen - Oculus Quest

Black1981CobraBlack1981Cobra Posts: 5
NerveGear
edited October 28 in Support
When I play a game like Space Pirate (not the demo): from wave 15 or higher, the game crashes and turns black. Looks like a temperature or memory problem. After a minute the Quest starts over again and the game has ended. I play with the newest Quest software: 9.0 and it happens also with other games. Any tips or solutions?

Answers

• Skipper876Skipper876 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    There may be an issue with your screen, have you left it out in the sun or near a window?
  • MikeFMikeF Posts: 742
    Neo
    edited November 4
    Low volatile memory leads to black screens, this is up to the developer to sort out
    edit: also the metrics tool cannot be trusted for displaying available memory, so this is still likely the cause even if you see memory still available
  • Black1981CobraBlack1981Cobra Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I did not leave it near a window, the quest is also in a closed bag. Hope to find out what the problem is. Can I check if it is the screen? Now it is also happening in other games: like after playing for 30 minutes. Indeed lookes like a memory problem. And Mikef: what do you mean with the metric tool? Can I turn it off? I 've tried playning on 50 hz, 60 hz, night colours, doesn't seem to help.
  • MikeFMikeF Posts: 742
    Neo
    The metric tool supplies an overlay with information on the current process running on the device, if you dont have it on then dont worry about it, its for devs. 99% guarantee you're just running out of memory and there's nothing you can do unless the dev updates to optimize their memory management
  • Black1981CobraBlack1981Cobra Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Solved: it was a out of memory problem: I found an app where I could end some apps I didn't use and yet the game worked great. Thanks.