Virtual Desktop 1.0 - Now available on Steam - Page 62 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Virtual Desktop 1.0 - Now available on Steam

1565758596062»

Comments

• maboo12maboo12 Posts: 45
    and plz support mkv files! can't play it :(
  • SkateZillaSkateZilla Posts: 168
    Art3mis
    Man I Wish this was Supported on Windows 7...
  • vop63vop63 Posts: 1
    I'm having an issue when I do the "Paste URL". It says "Failed to download video: Error: Unable to download webpage..." I have the 1.3 runtime with my DK2 installed. I can do everything else with it, but not watch 3D videos from youtube. Can you help 

I'm having exactly the same issue. I have Ocusus runtime 1.3.1 and Virtual Desktop 1.0.1. Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

• SilithasSilithas Posts: 13
    Anyone knows why the steam version won't start at all? I have tried everything, but noting works...
  • Protocol7Protocol7 Posts: 276
    Nexus 6
    Thanks for Virtual Desktop, it is a must-buy
  • NyxoNyxo Posts: 1
    Virtual Desktop seems to work perfectly for everything except the 360 videos, for me. I've tried opening a local video, as well as pasting a youtube URL, both result in the same thing: The video starts "playing" (The background changes from nebula to black, and I see the thumb moving along the bottom of the screen), and I can hear the audio, but there is no video -- it just stays black.

I'm using a DK2 in Win10 with Runtime 1.3 -- any thoughts?
  • ElBruceElBruce Posts: 1
    Hello, before buying Virtual Desktop, i have one question : is the player can play 360 videos with external subtitles (in srt). i'm using a DK2 in Win10 with Runtime 0.8. Thanks at advance.
  • guygodinguygodin Posts: 611
    Art3mis
    There is no subtitle support for the integrated video player at the moment.
    Virtual Desktop Developer
  • MartinVMartinV Posts: 1
    edited July 2016

bought VD 1.0.5 today on Steam. Using the Oculus Rift DK2 with the Runtime 1.5.0.240083 on Windows 10.

The Headset works with the Oculus Home but when i start the Virtual desktop App it says:

Virtual Desktop does not support you current aktive Headset. (tell me in German)

Any Advice?

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,467 Volunteer Moderator
    MartinV said:

bought VD 1.0.5 today on Steam. Using the Oculus Rift DK2 with the Runtime 1.5.0.240083 on Windows 10.

The Headset works with the Oculus Home but when i start the Virtual desktop App it says:

Virtual Desktop does not support you current aktive Headset. (tell me in German)

Any Advice?

Did you allow non-Home apps in Oculus Home settings?
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • juup87juup87 Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    Nyxo said:
    Virtual Desktop seems to work perfectly for everything except the 360 videos, for me. I've tried opening a local video, as well as pasting a youtube URL, both result in the same thing: The video starts "playing" (The background changes from nebula to black, and I see the thumb moving along the bottom of the screen), and I can hear the audio, but there is no video -- it just stays black.

I'm using a DK2 in Win10 with Runtime 1.3 -- any thoughts?
    Works fine whit me. I think that you don't have right codec in your system. Try to download and installa k-lite codec pack full. http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_video/codecs/k-lite_codec_pack_full.cfm

• falken76falken76 Posts: 2,776 Valuable Player
    Wow this is cool, I like it.  I still have to get used to a headset.  I don't think it's comfortable to use for long periods of time because I work for hours on desktop, but I support the author of this package.  Perhaps Headsets will get much better in the future and the resolution will be improved a lot.  I can use Solidworks and Photoshop with this which is cool, but it's not clear enough resolution to see fine details.  This program is awesome for netflix, youtube and other videos.
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,289 Valuable Player
    edited September 2016
    Argh! They've stopped me using Virtual Desktop on Home! I uninstalled it from steam, because it was giving me problems if I tried a game with it and then went back to trying without it (in Steam's own Virtual Theatre) - such as 7 Days To Die and Empyrion.

So I used the key for VD on Oculus Home and was happy - was just about to try TriDef for Far Cry 3 and find that Home won't even list VD in my library any more - "Unsupported".  Blood and stomach pills! :(

I take it that's because I didn't cave to M$ and get Win 10. So why not let me choose if I want to run the bugger instead of just shutting me out? FFS, don't become what M$ have turned into, Oculus!

• ApolysusApolysus Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Can someone tell me how to add Environments to the mix when you bought it on oculus and not steam which has steam workshop?