New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S and Rift 1.43 PTC Release Notes

ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 148 Oculus Staff
Home
  • You can now use the Scale Tool to change an object’s size to make it larger or smaller.
  • To scale an object, grab the object, make sure the scale icon is highlighted in blue, then push your thumbstick to the right or left to scale the size up or down.
  • Keep in mind, some special objects can’t be used with the scale tool.
    • For a more in-depth tutorial, check out the Oculus support site for our new Oculus Home help guide (coming soon!)

Comments

• HerbertWraczlavskiHerbertWraczlavski Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited October 31

I can´t but remember the first day I entered the world of VR expecting the limits of what´s possible dwelled only within one´s imagination. "No more shall I bow to matter!", I proclaimed.

Then, with an omnipotent feeling, I dared to employ my new powers to make an obscenely large table a little bit smaller. But what at first appeared as a mere trifle serving just as an appetizer for much greater deeds to come, soon proved to be an insurmountable challenge that taunted me ever since. 

Today, my friends, all this sorrow is but a tale of bleak past, as now we hold the elusive power of Scale Tool. Henceforth no chair shall be unwieldy and no statue too small, and both shall be just right.
  • Cavey74Cavey74 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I have a Rift CV1 and I received this update and a firmware update earlier this evening. Since this happened, my Beat Saber scoring has become erratic. It's very reminiscent of what I saw when the tracking bug was introduced in 1.39. Was tracking changed somehow with this update?
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,195
    Wintermute
    edited October 31
    Cavey74 said:
    I have a Rift CV1 and I received this update and a firmware update earlier this evening. Since this happened, my Beat Saber scoring has become erratic. It's very reminiscent of what I saw when the tracking bug was introduced in 1.39. Was tracking changed somehow with this update?

I also have a CV1. My update to 1.43 came about 3 hours ago.
    There was no firmware update for my devices. There was, however, a driver update required. ( I'm guessing it was my printer driver, but I could be wrong.)

I didn't notice any bad effects from this version. The scaling thing works for me, but I won't be using it.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • Cavey74Cavey74 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I left the beta channel and rolled back to 1.42 and my scores went back to normal. Either I was having a very off 90 minutes or something changed in the update as far as the tracking of fast movement is concerned. I'll try updating again at some point tomorrow to see if I notice the same thing.
  • ShocksVRShocksVR Posts: 463
    Trinity
    1.43 had a headset firmware update for me, I'm on the Rift S.
    Headset firmware version now at - 2.1.1
    i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
    Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale
  • razalomrazalom Posts: 136
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited October 31
    Just noticed that after the update my controllers are actually turning off for the first time ever when finishing with the Rift!
  • OrkelOrkel Posts: 117
    Art3mis
    Rift S, received both software and firmware update. What changed in the firmware?
    Wintermute
    razalom said:
    Just noticed that after the update my controllers are actually turning off for the first time ever when finishing with the Rift!

Rift or Rift S?

• razalomrazalom Posts: 136
    Hiro Protagonist
    Richooal said:
    razalom said:

Rift or Rift S?

Sorry Rift S
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 937
    3Jane
    Rift S - both driver update and Headset firmware update.
    Now will have to have a play with the new features :)
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, MSI MPG X570 Edge, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, KFA2 RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Antec Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15.1 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD)
  • cmaffia2019cmaffia2019 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    razalom said:
    Thanks.  I only just realized that about a week ago.  I will check to see if they turn off for me as well.  How long after you close out Oculus Home?  Do they power off immediately?
  • cigaremoodscigaremoods Posts: 108
    Art3mis
    Hello

"You can now use the Scale Tool to change an object’s size to make it larger or smaller."

It was a long time since I found any interest in the proposed updates except to bring new bug to existing ones.
    Finally a useful thing for those who are interested in "home".

When will a complete redesign of the games library?

For example sorted into folders by type of game instead of having a stack without logic.
    To be able to block certain games that I leave the helmet to the children.

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC, Intel core I9-9900K, MSI RTX 2080 TI Gaming X Trio 11go, Corsair DDR4 16go, SSD Samsung NVMe M.2 500go, SSD Samsung 2To 860 QVO,
  • Toni318Toni318 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited November 1
    Does this update finally make the Rift S rework again without a constant internet connection?
    I don't want to move my whole setup to an other room with internet for nothing.

Or maybe by any chance someone get a tip to remove that annoying error appared with v1.42, that never diapear from the center of the view no matter where you look?

• Patrn_FlyrPatrn_Flyr Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Rift S now has no haptics in Eleven table tennis.  Still works in other games.  Was low compared to Rift CV1 but now gone!

• Toni318Toni318 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Toni318 said:
    Does this update finally make the Rift S rework again without a constant internet connection?
    I don't want to move my whole setup to an other room with internet for nothing.

Or maybe by any chance someone get a tip to remove that annoying error appared with v1.42, that never diapear from the center of the view no matter where you look?

The beta v1.43 fixed it!
    I had no big hope since i saw nothing in the changelog, but this error was so annoying that i gave it a shot, and until now i have say i did not encounter any error, no more problem, everything seems flawless.
    Thank you to have addressed this issue.

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,453
    Project 2501
    Ya, updated to 1.43 ptc and all seems fine for me too.  Also works fine with and without internet.  Glad I did this because I do occasionally get internet brownouts due to Telstra maintenance.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

• SatconcookSatconcook Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Scaling is working great. Never realized how much I wanted a tiny T-Rex.

Wintermute
    edited November 4
    So 1.42 General Release has a flaw which prevents people from using it without an internet connection, and apparently a solution has been found.
    Shouldn't the correct approach be to send out a hotfix for the general release? Expecting people to join a beta test channel just to make their device work isn't really good enough.

You need to fix the General Release software and do more adequate testing in the PTC before releasing it. You seem to think that we like having new versions every few weeks, whether they work correctly or not. I'm sure I'm not the only one that prefers quality over quantity.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,767 Valuable Player
    Or perhaps they wanted to test it in 1.43 first to make sure it did not effect other things.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    Wintermute
    edited November 4
    dburne said:
    Or perhaps they wanted to test it in 1.43 first to make sure it did not effect other things.

That's possible, but it would be better for them to say "Hi guys, we are currently trialling a fix for this issue in the beta channel. Please let us know if it is working for you." I mean, any test or experiment requires an action and a result.

The public test channel needs a bit more 2 way feedback I think.
  • OnshoreWindVROnshoreWindVR Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited November 5
    is there a way to get 1.43 beta as a setup file. Reason: Through Oculus software the update is queued for good and does not download on my machine
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,047 Valuable Player
    is there a way to get 1.43 beta as a setup file. Reason: Through Oculus software the update is queued for good and does not download on my machine
    No. 
    In the last update to 1.43 PTC, my Oculus Home does not close when I close the application but just minimizes to system tray again as it did earlier. I then have to right click the icon in the tray and choose exit to close out the application. I would much prefer it to close when I click on the x on the application as it should.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    Wintermute
    dburne said:
    In the last update to 1.43 PTC, my Oculus Home does not close when I close the application but just minimizes to system tray again as it did earlier. I then have to right click the icon in the tray and choose exit to close out the application. I would much prefer it to close when I click on the x on the application as it should.

I don't load Oculus Home. I can confirm though, that my Oculus Desktop App closes correctly. You could try it without Home loaded.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,453
    Project 2501
    dburne said:
    Seems to close fine for me from home or homeless.  I can either close it with the X on it's window or hover it over my task bar and select X.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

TomCgcmfc said:
    dburne said:
    Seems to close fine for me from home or homeless.  I can either close it with the X on it's window or hover it over my task bar and select X.
    Odd, wonder why mine is acting up this way again.
    Don

• cigaremoodscigaremoods Posts: 108
    Art3mis
    hello

I also close Oculus with X without any problem.

I think there is a lot of firmware update for a few days.

After each update I have to restart the computer because the left touch becomes invisible.

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC, Intel core I9-9900K, MSI RTX 2080 TI Gaming X Trio 11go, Corsair DDR4 16go, SSD Samsung NVMe M.2 500go, SSD Samsung 2To 860 QVO,
  • OrkelOrkel Posts: 117
    Art3mis
    New beta update, 9 parts download, no patch notes.
    But of course no patch notes - this is Oculus...
    Don

• GeekyGamiGeekyGami Posts: 112
    Art3mis
    I'm having tracking issues on my Oculus CV1.
    The only thing that has updated is my Oculus.

This was not an issue three updates ago.

When playing GZDoomVR, the right trigger will press itself on its own out of nowhere.
    When in Dash, I'll be typing when suddenly my pointer is changed to my headset instead of my controllers, even though the controllers are still being tracked fine.

I'm also noticing that the recalibration of the controllers is causing the deadzone on my left controller to become too sensitive on the left.
    I've remedied that with a deadzone modifying tool, so that isn't really too big an issue.

In Skyrim VR, when shooting with the bow, if I shoot too fast, I lose positional tracking for a little while.
    The controller tracking loss does not occur in Dash.

This also occurs in Borderlands 2 VR.

I don't know what's going on, but I'm noticing that these kinds of problems mostly happen when updates for the Rift S firmware occur. What gives?