New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Dash encountered a fatal error please reload dash to continue

After the update two days ago my originally working well rift s encountered this problem. it requires me to reload the dash over and over. I did some tweaks and then my left controlled suddenly lost tracking, but the message of letting me reload the dash changed from popping up every 1 second to every 10 seconds. I had reinstalled the driver and unplug the cables but those didn't work. Sorry for my bad English. I had problems with my oculus rift and never get it to work perfectly. my new rift s did worked fine for a week and this problem happens. I sincerely felt desperate and needed help.

Comments

• CourtlywolfCourtlywolf Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Had same problem when i went to beta update 1.42.Took beta mode off and fixed it.New update just came out same problem when offline,goes away when online.
  • poorbillypoorbilly Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Had same problem when i went to beta update 1.42.Took beta mode off and fixed it.New update just came out same problem when offline,goes away when online.
    Yes. I am a Chinese so the oculus can’t connect to internet when I Vpn is not used. It is actually quite complicated to maintain the internet connection for oculus. I reached oculus support and seemed like they are going to fix it in next update. Thank you for your comment. Only wish I  saw ur comment before I reinstall windows and oculus for four times😂
  • worstplayerworstplayer Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    Same problem here (CV1).
  • cheng.kai.huicheng.kai.hui Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    同样的问题,着急使用,有办法解决吗?
  • JKangSCJKangSC Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    So we'll have to wait for the next update or keep VPN on when we're using Oculus?
  • Martin1aMartin1a Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same problem here. When I am online everything is fine but offline the error occures since the latest update  
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,689 Valuable Player
    Also experienced the error once yesterday - was just after starting the rig, maybe caused by wifi still starting up...
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"