cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Dash Error in version 1.42 with no Internet: Offline mode nonfunctional

Eldraad
Protege
Offline mode is nonfunctional in the released version 1.42. Prior to the latest release offline mode WAS functional in version 1.41.

If the internet is off (for whatever reason) we receive a window with a no internet connection message (as we did before the update) but we also see a persistent "Fatal Error Dash Encountered a fatal Error" popup and are asked to hit any button to try again which results in a loop with the Fatal Error popup. Trying to launch the library window results in the same error with no library displayed, just a blank window with the no internet message and the constant Fatal Error popup.
4 REPLIES 4

pratecantej
Honored Guest
Good afternoon;
I too have the same problem, if i connect to the internet everything is working but once i disconnect and go offline i get the same error as mentioned above.

mindroomlab
Honored Guest
Good evening,

I have the same problem, even reinstalling the program several times the problem persists.

Richooal
Consultant
Apparently the PTC (beta) version 1.43 fixes this issue. You can opt in to the test channel or wait an unknown amount of time for the next version 1.43 general release.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

JKangSC
Honored Guest
I get this error all the time no matter whether I'm online or not. I'm from China, is this the matter? GFW?
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?