New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Fatal Error on Rift S [FIXED]

KlRekterKlRekter Posts: 3
NerveGear
edited November 4 in Support
Hello There,

after an firmware update on my oculus rift s, i received an problem with my rift s. (Attached pic)

I hope you can help me to fix this issue, otherwise i wont be able to use my rift s as usual because i cannot set it up.

Best regards

Comments

• AkariuTamokiyAkariuTamokiy Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    It would be pretty nice if a supporter would answer here because I have the same problem as well since a couple of days. I wrote today a ticket and hope that I get real soon a answer because this is pretty annoying...
  • RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 154
    Art3mis
    1.43 beta fixes this problem.
  • KlRekterKlRekter Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited November 4
    It would be pretty nice if a supporter would answer here because I have the same problem as well since a couple of days. I wrote today a ticket and hope that I get real soon a answer because this is pretty annoying...

Hello There,

After i posted about my problem few days ago, i started to write an ticket to the Oculus Support
    because i had this problem here ↓

It's the Fatal Error that came within the new oculus 2.0 Update for the Rift S.
    The Support of the Oculus Team wrote me thise guide:
    "[...]
    I have seen a dash error after the update but in most cases it was when the user was trying to launch Oculus while offline. Are you launching while online or offline?

If you are online, I recommend a clean uninstall/reinstall of Oculus Home using the exact steps listed below:

1. Backup any necessary content.
    2. Disconnect your computer from the internet.
    3. Reboot into Safe Mode.
    4. Uninstall Oculus Home using the Control Panel.
    5. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
      • C:\Program Files
    6. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
      • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
      • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
      • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
      • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
      • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
    7. Restart your computer in normal mode.
    8. Reconnect your computer to the internet.
    9. Install Oculus Home again using the setup tool from our website here (https://www.oculus.com/setup/).
    [...]"
    After i did these few steps, i could start my rift s without any problems in the dash or in the setup menu.
    One thing to mention is, that i had deactivated my 360 Security while reinstalling the oculus software, because i might cause some problems.

Hope this fix it for you and the others.

• AkariuTamokiyAkariuTamokiy Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    The first time it worked for me as well but soon after I got it again. I even have offten that the software shows that he had no internet connection even tho I have a stable connection and I even can't connect to the support.oculus com site wich he claimend to have no internet at all. I'm now on it with the support as well so I'll see what's REALLY going on on my end.