New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Will the Rift S work with the Windows Mixed Reality Home?

EnderLuigiNMEnderLuigiNM Posts: 1
NerveGear
Hey, everyone! I just ordered a Rift S and it'll be here within a week. I upgraded from the Acer Windows Mixed Reality Headset, and I adore the Windows Mixed Reality Home, so I'm wondering, will I still be able to use the Mixed Reality Home with my Rift S? Or is it not possible? Thanks, guys!

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,835 Valuable Player
    No you will not be able to do this.  I also moved from WMR (Dell headset) to Oculus Rift quite a while ago.  I think that after you get used to the Oculus home/menus you will never want to go back to WMR.

Also, all your Steam VR games should work fine but any WMR ones you bought from the Microsoft WMR store will not work.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro, Vive Cosmos, Vive Wireless.

• KcovertKcovert Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    It's unfortunate because I like how I can purpose the Cliff house, unequaled so far, to do anything I can do with Windows while staying in VR. 
  • Neylan-VRNeylan-VR Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Been back to wmr since you got your Rift S?