New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Support Needs a Phone Number

BlackPixel_BlackPixel_ Posts: 62
Hiro Protagonist
 Why can't we interact with real people in real time for support?

It would be extremely powerful if Oculus support was in an actual VR space or at least modern enough to speak with a human over the phone.

This emailing back and forth is very dated and it leaves us with a very bad Oculus experience. 

Do anyone have any inside knowledge about support? 

Are they short staffed?

Do they need help and are they willing to accept help from the community? 

I'm sure a few of us would volunteer a few hours out the week. 

I imagine so much money is tied up in investing in constantly upgrading and shipping this technology, that support is one of those corners that's getting cut at the moment. 

MSI X99 GODLIKE Board / Intel Core i7-6900K / 32GB Extreme DDR4 2400MHz Memory / GTX 1080 Founders / 

Comments

• ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 158 Oculus Staff
    Hey there - thanks for the feedback. I'll pass it along. Just wanted to quickly note that the support team does offer live chat if you're interested in talking to them in real time. You can find it in the bottom right corner of the support ticket submission form: https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Please note that in times of high volume, chat may be unavailable. Also, if your particular issue is something that requires some investigation or more in depth troubleshooting, you may be shifted to email support while our agents further look into the issue. Hope this information is helpful!
  • BlackPixel_BlackPixel_ Posts: 62
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thank you. I didn't realize that was live. 
    I have someone helping me 

MSI X99 GODLIKE Board / Intel Core i7-6900K / 32GB Extreme DDR4 2400MHz Memory / GTX 1080 Founders /