New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Can Rift/Quest head strap damage your hair?

NunyabinezNunyabinez Posts: 4
NerveGear
I know this seems kind of silly, and obviously when you wear the HMD it messes up your hair, but is anyone concerned about losing hair, or breaking hairs from using it?

I have had two haircuts where afterwards I felt like they left a channel down the middle, and I'm concerned that the HMD is making my hair permanently lay down, or actually damaging it. 

Anyone have similar experiences, or did I just get a couple bad haircuts?

PS. I've started to wear a helmet liner in hopes of avoiding some of this.

Comments

• ohgrantohgrant Posts: 188
    Art3mis
      I'm not concerned about it messing up my hair or it falling out. In fairness, most of my hair departed me about 30 years before I ever heard of VR. The remaining hair migrated down to other parts of my body.
      I think it's kind of like wearing hats. Some folks claim that causes hair loss. I think it's a wives tale and if it's in your genes to be bald, you will be bald. If head hair runs in your family, You should have a nice crop up there for years to come. 
  • GeekyGamiGeekyGami Posts: 112
    Art3mis
    I am bald these days
    Make of that what you will
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,104 Valuable Player
    GeekyGami said:
    I am bald these days
    Make of that what you will

Bah! Beat me to it lol  :D :D :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • inovatorinovator Posts: 2,084 Valuable Player
    The headset I find enhances my wild eyed look. I now quickly put on the headset and move it around frantically to give myself the right look before going out.
  • mark.barber.5492mark.barber.5492 Posts: 2
    NerveGear

Wear it backwards when you go out and look like a real dude..

• Thanatos1311Thanatos1311 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Wearing anything on your head too much can damage the follicles. Ask anyone in the u.s. military about kevlar head. People who need cpap machines have that issue too. Just don't wear it for 4 hours straight on a regular basis and you should be ok.
  • inovatorinovator Posts: 2,084 Valuable Player
    Now everyone is insisting I wear my rift and frantically move it around before going out on every occasion. Even my hairstylist.