New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How are my specs for Oculus Rift (Standard CV1)?

SonilGomesSonilGomes Posts: 1
NerveGear

Hey, I was wanting to know how well my computer would perform.

So currently, I've been playing the Rift since June on an AMD Radeon RX 560 Strix 4 GB, and a Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core, along with 8 GB ram. Performance is pretty okay, it's not usually smooth but most definitely bearable no doubt.

So I was possibly thinking on getting an RX 570 or 580. Would it handle much better? Like, let's say H3VR for example, would I get smooth FPS with one of these? This is assuming my CPU isn't getting upgraded as well, so I wanted to know as well if the CPU I currently have is capable with one of these GPUs or if it bottlenecks them.

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,462
    Project 2501
    edited November 9
    deleted, AMD which I do not use so I do not really know. In general I think it's best to stick with intel/nvidia for high end VR.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.